Oregon

Pics
Lots of folks are under evacuation notices right now and I've had multiple family and friends displaced down south. Here are a couple things I've seen people posting about as they get their chickens secure for travel:

1. If you are not being evacuated, but worried about the smoke/ash with outdoor chickens you can try turning on sprinklers to reduce ash drifting, or hang wet sheets around the perimeter of your coop/run. If you can bring them inside you can set up a tent with some litter and have a little sleepover, or lay a tarp in a bathroom and keep enclosed there.
2. If you are being evacuated and are unsure of how to transport your birds you can contain them in anything (laundry basket, record crate, big box) as long as it is well ventilated and has a secure top. They can be packed in there, like sardines, head to tail for maximum space saving. You can also wrap them individually in towels or newspapers for travel.
3. Hit up your local Facebook page, state page on BYC, state/city .gov page, Nextdoor or Craisglist. See if anyone is offering their homes/property to people in need as lots of folks have spare space to stash livestock until things are sorted.

Speaking of, I am in Beaverton and have a large yard that can accommodate more birds/cats/dogs and spare rooms. If you or someone you know is in need of a place to go for a few days I am happy to open my home during this troubling time. Feel free to DM me.

View attachment 1265109 View attachment 1265110 View attachment 1265101
I rehomed a couple so I was down to six... and then I ended up with a few that hatched and some from Wilco! So now I’m at 16. I also have eggs in the incubator!
The Golden Laced are Thelma and Louise, Frankie is the barred rock, and the babies we named before we knew the genders— Kevin is the blue orpington (pullet), Angela is the lavender Orp ( I’m guessing cockerel), and Dwight other lavender orp (who I’m hoping is a pullet but I think is a cockerel).

The newest babies:
View attachment 1265114

They're so cute!!! I think I need a Chicken 12 Step Program.

4DDF345B-6016-4493-9928-A44D5583A3C5.jpeg
246A84E3-C608-434D-BC60-61EA146FEB69.jpeg
I have a beautiful Lavender Orpington rooster that I will be needing to find a home for, I may also have 2 Golden laced Wyandotte hens I may get rid of. My hens are 3 years old still lying lot. My rooster Maui is a year and a couple months.

I’m located in Eugene area.
Would any one be interested. They are free.

Back
Top Bottom