Oregon

Hi Coralista,
I live in Mulino, and my wife and I have recently bought a number of chicks from the Canby Wilco store. Have you visited any of the local farms stores to see what chicks they have available? If you are just looking for chicks, it might be worth looking into. We have had great success so far, we have bought 21 chicks over the last month or so, and so far have only lost one chick.
Ron

Hi Coralista,
I live in Mulino, and my wife and I have recently bought a number of chicks from the Canby Wilco store. Have you visited any of the local farms stores to see what chicks they have available? If you are just looking for chicks, it might be worth looking into. We have had great success so far, we have bought 21 chicks over the last month or so, and so far have only lost one chick.
Ron
I've got a couple of chicks on reserve with the Burns Feed store, but I've been wanting to try the Whitings True Blues. I've had color layers before, but nothing that was very vibrant.

I would go in on the buy, but we have too many chickens now, lol. I am incubating 6 Embden goose eggs, hoping most of the eggs hatch. They will be our flock guardians. I am thinking I may try hatching some Welsh Harlequin duck eggs next. I think they are real cool looking ducks. Now I just have to finish off the chicken coop, so we can move the chickens outside.

I am sorry about not reading your previous posts a few pages back that explained what you were looking to buy. I just read your last post asking for others to go in on the order. I am afraid I haven't read the 1000+ pages of this thread, lol.
Ron

I would go in on the buy, but we have too many chickens now, lol. I am incubating 6 Embden goose eggs, hoping most of the eggs hatch. They will be our flock guardians. I am thinking I may try hatching some Welsh Harlequin duck eggs next. I think they are real cool looking ducks. Now I just have to finish off the chicken coop, so we can move the chickens outside.

I am sorry about not reading your previous posts a few pages back that explained what you were looking to buy. I just read your last post asking for others to go in on the order. I am afraid I haven't read the 1000+ pages of this thread, lol.
Ron
No worries. I'll keep the offer out there, if anyone presents interest maybe I can make it happen. If not, I may just pick up some EE. I've just had really not great luck. As a kid we had almost all blue legs from our EE. The last couple of EE hen's, have been not great in egg color, I know it is luck, but I'm trying to hedge my bets.

I'm also being slightly ridiculous and recognize that as well :D👸

I see you mentioned the Burns Feed store, looks like my wife and I now have a road trip to check the place out, lol.
Yeah, they order a lot of different varieties, which made me really interested, and they have been doing it for a long time. It is the other side of Metro for me, but well worth the field trip.

Anyone in the market for fibro birds? I have some project AC x LH hens and a Mosaic rooster I'm looking to rehome. Hens are beautiful, but too flighty for my liking and should be somewhere with less stimulation than my yard. Rooster ended up not making the cut for my pens, but is still a serviceable gentlemen for a new coop and is 100% free to anyone in the PDX area.

PXL_20210316_165748212_2.jpg
PXL_20210317_001426179.MP.jpg
PXL_20210317_001434978.MP.jpg

Anyone in the market for fibro birds? I have some project AC x LH hens and a Mosaic rooster I'm looking to rehome. Hens are beautiful, but too flighty for my liking and should be somewhere with less stimulation than my yard. Rooster ended up not making the cut for my pens, but is still a serviceable gentlemen for a new coop and is 100% free to anyone in the PDX area.

View attachment 2577056View attachment 2577057View attachment 2577058
Update: I had too good of a hatch rate and now I have too many babies! Husband says I can only keep a few, so I have at least 9 straight run mutts in need of adoption. Mosaic roo (in pic above) regularly flirts with Barnevelder, Mosaic, ACxLH, Buff Orpington, Marans and Barbezieux, so these mixes should grow up with wild skin colors/feathering! 3 weeks old, straight run and totally free to good homes. Beaverton area.
PXL_20210319_025852124.jpg
PXL_20210319_025800102.MP.jpg

Hi All,
I have tried unsuccessfully to merge my existing flock with an adopted flock and as sad as it makes me I need to rehome the adopted flock. :(

Quick Background:
I came across a lady looking to kill her 3 non-laying hens (1 Buff Orpington and 2 Rhode Island Reds). I quickly adopted them into my flock trying to save their lives but they are continually at odds with my two current hens and after months of trying all sorts of things I think it is best if I pass them on to a better home. They are not laying anymore but are very friendly and regularly 'hang out' with my dog while free ranging. They would be perfect for a home looking for a little company in the back yard. They may be better with other chickens their size!

Their names are Buff Betty (Buff Orpington), Lady Day and Lucille (Rhode Island Reds). Please let me know if you are willing to consider them, I am really hoping I can send them off to a good home.

I am located in Portland, Oregon but willing to drive.

Attachments

• 0509646E-9BC6-4174-8CF0-229D80AE58DF.jpeg
    0509646E-9BC6-4174-8CF0-229D80AE58DF.jpeg
    884.9 KB · Views: 2
  • B971A6F0-3054-4A38-A30A-C8B7AC9BCF60.jpeg
    B971A6F0-3054-4A38-A30A-C8B7AC9BCF60.jpeg
    396.7 KB · Views: 2
  • D1552B55-55B4-4A47-B913-470C9B538D21.jpeg
    D1552B55-55B4-4A47-B913-470C9B538D21.jpeg
    651.9 KB · Views: 2
  • B7EAF666-98F2-4B67-A914-A6619B2260B4.jpeg
    B7EAF666-98F2-4B67-A914-A6619B2260B4.jpeg