Oregon

There is a breeder in Corvallis of Black Copper Marans and I think Barnvelders.  His name is Andy, user name on here is Mountainvieworchards.  Might be worth trying to get ahold of him for chicks.  I know his Marans are nice quality, I would not expect the chicks to be cheap but you could pick them up and save on the shipping and the stress for the babies.  I may have BCM Marans chicks available later in the season, test mating right now to make sure I am not adding to the problems this breed already has, things are looking good :)

Well let me know

Pasty chick update: the little cuckoo marans with the terribly pasty tush seems to be past the worst. I'm so grateful for all of your help. She hasn't pasted in 3 days or so. The warm baths cleaned her up and between the cider and yogurt her gut seems to be passing things much better. The a&d worked wonders. Plus she falls asleep in my hands and coos now. She seems to know I tried so hard to save her. My husband named her Miranda the marans. Funny. Hopefully she's past the worst. Thank you everyone for your advice!!

I'm glad to hear she is doing better. Before getting my first chicks mere weeks ago i could have never imagined how wrapped up in them I'd be. They are such wonderful creatures.

Shelly, If you want to come to Beaverton you are welcome to borrow my heat lamp! We won't be needing it for a while :)

Too funny not to share. Totally true

Back
Top Bottom