Oregon

I think the warm weather we have been having here on the coast finally got my girls laying. Or else it was the cayenne pepper I put on their food this week. Today I was blessed with 4 eggs. First time ever! So that means 4 of my 6 are laying now. How exciting since they were born in May. It's been a long wait. The first One started laying around thanksgiving and then another one in December. My two EE are holding out still.

I think the warm weather we have been having here on the coast finally got my girls laying. Or else it was the cayenne pepper I put on their food this week. Today I was blessed with 4 eggs. First time ever! So that means 4 of my 6 are laying now. How exciting since they were born in May. It's been a long wait. The first One started laying around thanksgiving and then another one in December. My two EE are holding out still.

Congrats! So exciting to get those first eggs! I still get excited finding eggs! Lol. :yiipchick

Today, I'm starting a hatch for the first time ever. I found some pretty serama bantams in WA to buy eggs from. I was going to be including some silkie eggs, but the person I found near me needs a better chicken aphrodisiac. :gig so those will be coming in a few weeks.

I am incredibly nervous! I don't trust my homemade incubator at all and feel the need to obsessively watch it. Lol

Current readings are 99.9 degrees and 32% humidity. I'm going to wait an hour and see if it dropped 1/2 a degree.

I'm only getting 6 eggs, and I know very few hatches are 100% so I'm probably only going to get about 3 or 4 chicks.
:barnie nervous

Today, I'm starting a hatch for the first time ever. I found some pretty serama bantams in WA to buy eggs from. I was going to be including some silkie eggs, but the person I found near me needs a better chicken aphrodisiac. :gig so those will be coming in a few weeks.

I am incredibly nervous! I don't trust my homemade incubator at all and feel the need to obsessively watch it. Lol

Current readings are 99.9 degrees and 32% humidity. I'm going to wait an hour and see if it dropped 1/2 a degree.

I'm only getting 6 eggs, and I know very few hatches are 100% so I'm probably only going to get about 3 or 4 chicks.
:barnie nervous

How exciting. You are braver than me. How are you holding up?

Back
Top Bottom