Oregon

Hey all im from bend. You might want to be careful around waterfowl and your chickens because if the Avian Flu. The deschutes county fair has i chickens now because of it.
I contacted the OR vet last week, the last case of AI was February 15. We were considering no birds at the fair here in Josephine County, since heat is supposed to knock it back and it's been scorching hot we are going ahead and I'm very comfortable with the decision.

quote name="Michelle27" url="/t/48/oregon/9180#post_15581038"]
Yes sorry I didn't realize it was an old post. But if you have any silkie eggs I'd love some,
Whatever colors you got?[/quote].

I will PM you

Oregon folks, I've got 10 wk old Blue Lace & Black Orpington cockerels. Perfect for a 4H project. See listing in rehome and for sale forums. I've hand raised them myself. A couple of these birds are really worth breeding or for show. The best of the lot free to any young person in 4H who is interested. I am located in Salem.

Last edited:
Hey folks, just wanted to let ya'all know I've got some birds for sale. I'm in south Grants Pass.
Emme--cream Legbar hen and Ruby, Rhodebar hen. purchased from breeders as chicks in June 2014. Large round blue eggs from Emme and creamy colored eggs from Ruby. They've been fun hens but just don't fit in my breeding programs and space is running out.....$25 each.

three batches of chicks for sale. All have a splash Ameraucana father....
dark Cornish momma. Look to be all pullets, should be green egg layers, good foragers and good mommas.
mixed blue and green egg layers mommas. These chicks are blue and splash and will be blue or green egg layers.
Olive eggers--cuckoo Marans momma. Shades of blue with nice Olive eggs.

Pullets are $7, cockerels, are $3. PM me for more details
smile.png
I have ads on Craigslist with pics.

Hey there BYCers!

My wife and I are the proud owners of five chickens! We've had them for a few months now and I've just finished up their run, their coop was done a month ago. I'm going to put some bedding in tomorrow and from what I've read sand seems like a good option.

All that being said my wife and I have never owned chickens, and we're also new to the Pacific Northwest! We live on a ranch like property in Western Washington by Portland Oregon. I'm just wondering if anyone has any thoughts, tips or things I should be particularly aware of raising chickens in an area that is rainy for so many months of the year.

I have a 6x15 ft. run and about 7.5 ft. of it is covered with metal roofing to give them a bit of moisture relief and shade. Other than that I'm stoked to be part of your community and I'm looking forward to my new hobby!

Running a drain line around the coop is a great idea here.

We also think light is important, so have things set up so the interior of the coop gets lots of daylight from the sides, but has some shade from above.

Back
Top Bottom