Oregon

Hmm, ok. All the Wyandotte pullets and hens I've had have been skittish except for one. I guess it could do with the fact that the only one that was fine with me is the only one I've raised from a chick. The others I've bought past the age where I'm able to get them used to me.

We have Silver Laced Wyandotte and Red Laced Wyandotte ... the RLW are definitely friendlier, and the rooster is more mellow. I think it is very interesting how different breeds have different personalities.

Hi DaisyMeadow

welcome-byc.gif

We have Silver Laced Wyandotte and Red Laced Wyandotte ... the RLW are definitely friendlier, and the rooster is more mellow. I think it is very interesting how different breeds have different personalities.

The one that was friendly with me was a LF SLW. The others have been Bantams. One was a partridge, the ones I have now are black. The roo in with them respects me though, and for that I'm thankful.

I just got a Splash Laced Red Wyandotte chick today from Cloverleaf's son. It's a bantam. And my broody took it with no problem. I pulled out the one chick that she hatched and put both chicks in one hand and put them both back under her. She just clucked away to them.

Back
Top Bottom