Oregon

Quote:
I separate my broody into her own nest in the coop(broody box) and let her set on the eggs there. She has to get up to get food and water at other end, so she gets a little exercise. Then once she hatches she stays in there with the chicks for one week to teach them to eat and drink. Then they go onto the flock with everyone else to be raised.

Hey guys, So due to recent events I need to relocate all of my birds and I don't have enough room to house these beautiful birds and they need a new home by 3/19! One year old Cock, One tear old Hen, and 5 pullets ranging from 4-5 months. I had to pick 2 breeds to focus on so sadly, these guys have to go. I'm in Milwaukie, OR. I don't have a set price, so make an offer. I would really like to see these guys go to a breeding home. PM me if you are interested.
What breeds are they?

I have a quick question here. We have 7 chicks that will be 2 weeks old tomorrow, but was wondering if I could add 3 more young chicks probably less than a week old to my group of 7? Or would I need to set up a second brooder?

I have a quick question here. We have 7 chicks that will be 2 weeks old tomorrow, but was wondering if I could add 3 more young chicks probably less than a week old to my group of 7? Or would I need to set up a second brooder?

Go ahead and try it. I have 3 w/o chicks in the brooder with 8 w/o chicks and have had no problems.

Our chicks checking out the coop for the first time! It will be done this weekend.

Didn't go well at all! I went ahead and set up a second brooder for now! Hopefully in a week or two I will try again! Didn't realize there was such a click with this first group! I got 2 Welsummers and 1 Maran this morning! Oh my goodness, they are all so cute! Happy dance here tonight!

Mine are all in the same outside brooder, but there is an area partitioned off by chicken wire - the little chicks can go through the wire to get away from the big ones. I have food and water on both sides of the "wall" works pretty well. By the time they are too big to fit through the wire, they're big enough to hold their own with the older chicks. They range in age from 6 weeks to 1 week.

Back
Top Bottom