Oregon

Didn't go well at all! I went ahead and set up a second brooder for now! Hopefully in a week or two I will try again! Didn't realize there was such a click with this first group! I got 2 Welsummers and 1 Maran this morning! Oh my goodness, they are all so cute! Happy dance here tonight!
When you try again, try at night when all are sleeping, should have mentioned I always do it this way. Everyone wakes up in the morning one big happy family!

The Grange can order chicks for you at no extra cost. Most of the chicks at the Grange are pre-orders anyways. That's how I got some of mine. I believe they use Ideal, which is a hatchery I like.

The way I understand it, they can special order but if Ideal's hatch of guineas is already sold the Grange is out of luck.  I'm not sure they could mix guineas in with the chicks in the shipment container  either.  All you can do is ask them though, I've always found them to be extremely helpfull.

Thanks, I am on the list at the Grange if they can get extra but doesn't look promising. I checked Ideals website but that's a long way to ship and I only need about 6 keets, doesn't that traumatize them? I really wish I could find someone in Southern Oregon or NorCal no lower than Weed area then I could just drive and pick them up.... Let me know if anyone knows of anyone. Thanks
Ps I would order eggs but not set up for hatching :( that does sound like so much fun though!

What breeds are they?
Bantam Barnevelders
smile.png

Rooster to Hen Ratio Too High. We purchased 5 chicks for our daughter last spring. Unfortunately, two of them started crowing. At this point I think we can keep one; but, that means one has to find a new farm. I think he is amazing in color. But, the hens don't care. I won't ship; so, don't bother asking.

I have 10 - 12 Welsummer eggs ready to go in the incubator tomorrow and I am running out of room......... Nice dark eggs and parents are not hatchery stock. PM me if you are interested. I am a little south of salem.

My three darlings are really growing up. They're 10 months old now. Thanks to the cold and rain, the girls were a little slow to get laying, but so far this month, we're averaging a little over 2 eggs per day. We're thinking of getting a permit to bring in 2 more. If anyone has an experience with the permit process I'd appreciate your input. I think we'll need to move our coop and we'll have to get a real fence between us and our neighbor. Here's a couple pics of my beauties.

Back
Top Bottom