Oregon

Quote: I have to say Zanna's Honey is Awesome and Even the roommate was jealous OH was i supposed to share LOL .
Zanna I have to get more from you and possibly learn more im gonna try and See what this Big swarm of bees is here they are now living on a branch and i live too close to our sity to have a bee grower around .

OOO! I will be able to make it to the Fall Swamp meet as well in Corvallis. How exciting. I am hoping that this increases our chances to find some Black Orpingtons. Thank you TurtlePowerTrav! *Does the Happy Dance*
Lunar Have you found Property where you are going ?
No i am not a realiter But i do have a link that may be of intrest , Tammy

So this is my list for the store:
Frontline Flea & Tick paste
A spray bottle (don't have one).
A flea comb to remove shell casings

Here's my plan for tonight:
Wash both birds with flea and tick shampoo in the sink in the laundry room so mites will immeadiately go down the drain. Then wait a little for them to try and put the flea and tick paste on them. Then, wait until they are completely dry and dust them again with Sevin. While they are drying, I plan to spray down the coop with Sevin spray. On Friday I'm going to check again for any live mites and go from there for the show.
If your Using More then puppy or kitten Id ask and see if anyone else uses this because frontline in bigger doses has killed dogs .
If your hens weigh 5 lbs please use the puppy kitten and i have never done this i just would hate for something to go wrong.

Fleas and Ticks and Mites also Die when using dawn dish washing liquid . so be careful.

I have to say Zanna's Honey is Awesome and Even the roommate was jealous OH was i supposed to share LOL .
Zanna I have to get more from you and possibly learn more im gonna try and See what this Big swarm of bees is here they are now living on a branch and i live too close to our sity to have a bee grower around .
I bet the bees will be gone tomorrow or the next day or so..... Now is the time of year for swarms, they just spend the night on a branch or the like if they have not found a new home yet. They will send scouts out tomorrow and probably take up residence in someone's eves or attic if they can not find a hollow tree around. If it is rainy tomorrow, they may be a little cranky so be carefull. Typically swarms do not sting though as they are not defending their home because they don't have one at the moment.

If your Using More then puppy or kitten Id ask and see if anyone else uses this because frontline in bigger doses has killed dogs . 
If your hens weigh 5 lbs please use the puppy kitten and i have never done this i just would hate for something to go wrong.

Fleas and Ticks and Mites also Die when using dawn dish washing liquid . so be careful.

I already did it, I used flea and tick shampoo for cats. Afterwards, I let them dry for about 3 hours and put the Frontline on them for kittens on thier necks where they can't reach it. I put a little bit of warm coconut oil on the feather shafts to remove any shell casings even though I didn't see any. I also dusted them again, cleaned the coop, dusted that again, and sprayed some Sevin/water mix in it as well. Didn't find a dead or live mite on them tonight. Didn't see any crawling around either in their pen when I was cleaning it.

ok ive looked in the other forums and have not found much helkp i have four hens capable of laying and all were one went on strike for two weeks now and the other 3 just a few days all different breeds and one is a month older then the rest i dont get it i thought it may be there feed i switched it to the omega3 purina (which they have been eating for over a month) and at first they were eating then i noticed the last few days they have not they do have a pretty big run and i do let them free range as much as possible now i went and bought there orginal feed which i know there eating tested that but i wouldnt think it would take that long to have an effect like that idk my BRLW is 8months and my 2 EEs and golden sexlink are 7 months ANYBODY HAVE ANY IDEAS all input is appreciateted

Back
Top Bottom