Oregon

It is, I had to look it up, haha. You better get in there early to even have a chance at the little buggers. I decided against the fair this year, way too many things going on. BUT I do plan to visit. If you would like to hook up with some really nice folks, and chicken lovers, there is a Facebook group that is all about the Brownsville Swap coming up in August. "Oregon Summer Poultry Swap". Again, I can't make it, but people are already selling, etc. Some of my chicks are hatching out now, that were meant for the swap...sigh. I am missing out on everything this year.
barnie.gif

It is, I had to look it up, haha.  You better get in there early to even have a chance at the little buggers.  I decided against the fair this year, way too many things going on.  BUT I do plan to visit.  If you would like to hook up with some really nice folks, and chicken lovers, there is a Facebook group that is all about the Brownsville Swap coming up in August.  "Oregon Summer Poultry Swap".  Again, I can't make it, but people are already selling, etc.  Some of my chicks are hatching out now, that were meant for the swap...sigh.  I am missing out on everything this year.  :barnie

awwww. That sucks. Maybe another time. I did request to join those fb groups. Not sure if I have been accepted yet. There are so many groups out there. How early should we show up?

We finally made it here in Terrebonne, Oregon from Florida and loving it here. It took us 11 days on the road to get here. The long road trip was very much worth it as we got to see how beautiful our country is. 

We are working on the coop and yard and then it will be time to get a flock. :D Going to check out the poultry show in Eugene that is coming up. Do they typically have chicks there or hatching eggs? I have finally decided on a breed..Salmon Faverolles. ^_^ So hopefully, those won't be as hard to find as the other breed I was originally interested in.
Send Cloverleaf here on the Oregon thread a PM. She breeds LF Salmon Fav's and is the head of the Faverolles Fanciers Club and has gorgeous birds.

Send Cloverleaf here on the Oregon thread a PM. She breeds LF Salmon Fav's and is the head of the Faverolles Fanciers Club and has gorgeous birds.

Thanks Turtlepowertrav! Will send her a pm. They are very pretty and would be perfect for my 5 year old to get into 4-h with.
I have two from her original bloodlines from a breeder that got that stock. Big, full girls. They are 5mo and bigger than my biggest hatchery Buff Orp. They are super docile and friendly.

The one in Brownsville that I mentioned, that is coming up in August. Also, out of curiosity, you mentioned that you had a first choice of breed of chicken, but it was too rare, which breed was it?

Back
Top Bottom