Oregon

Hi, I'm in Talent, Oregon here on the sunny south side :) I just started up a little homestead type farm with 4 Assaf dairy sheep, meat rabbits, and 28 chicks from McMurrays. I ordered 16 speckled Sussex and 10 salmon faverolles. Now at over 3 weeks old I know I have 17 speckled Sussex, at least 5 or 6 salmon hens, 3 salmon roos, a white faverolle that looks like a girl so far, and a silver laced polish roo which will wind up on the dinner plate if I don't find a new Home for him here. Nice to meet everyone, I'm hoping to find a white faverolle mate for the white sport I got by fluke.

Hi, I'm in Talent, Oregon here on the sunny south side :) I just started up a little homestead type farm with 4 Assaf dairy sheep, meat rabbits, and 28 chicks from McMurrays. I ordered 16 speckled Sussex and 10 salmon faverolles. Now at over 3 weeks old I know I have 17 speckled Sussex, at least 5 or 6 salmon hens, 3 salmon roos, a white faverolle that looks like a girl so far, and a silver laced polish roo which will wind up on the dinner plate if I don't find a new Home for him here. Nice to meet everyone, I'm hoping to find a white faverolle mate for the white sport I got by fluke.
Welcome,
I'm just up the road a bit, actually Wilderville. Sorry I can't help with your boys, I've got 6 more than I need now, only 2 of them are crowing thankfully. Good luck re-homing or with dinners.

I don't mind eating them, I just know these silver laced polish do well at show, so throwing it out there ya know. Nice to meet you, thanks for making me feel so welcome :) it's good to have a few boys to choose from for breeding purposes. I hope to have naturally reproducing chickens, so I picked two broody breeds and I'll stick with the one I like best unless the mixed work out too...lol

Watch the SLP for cross-beak. One of our local kids has ordered them a few times and most end up with beak problems.

I stay away from white birds and feathered feet. We have nothing but red clay here, not good for feather footed anything.

Can you tell at 3&1/2 weeks if it has cross beak in this pic?

I like how this one shows his personality, he is pretty friendly, it would make me kinda sad to have to eat him someday...

Quote: Dark brahmas for me was eye candy and i was gonna have eggs meat and fly tying material now im in love my roo patron is a baby i mean he wants to be held . buff orphingtons are great too i think all brahma and orphingtons are a awesome breed with children ,. i would stay away from Bantams as i hear many are mean and not so loving and that was my experience and still is today, someone else could add a few more austrolorps are great but depends on where you get them Just my 2 pennies

Back
Top Bottom