Oregon

Arum will stay in one place though and animals know better than to eat it, chickens included. so if you only have the one plant and children that won't eat or play with it, it can be a decorative perennial if you maintain it. That nightshade does look yummy...glad your lil one was ok!

Here's my surviving roos btw. They are 18 weeks

We are close :) & the old houses are beautiful ( in that historic way ) . Did your fam live in the main house right as you pull in or the other one off to the right as you start to walk to the path? I love walking there & pisgah - 2 amazing places & just minuets away.

If you pull all the way in to the gate, there is a gate to the left. That driveway goes to the old house. There is even a cave back there, and a swimming pool they made from the creek. It is really neat. I love Pisgah! I usually just walk the Walterville pond now and watch the osprey and bald eagles. So many neat places in this area.

If you pull all the way in to the gate, there is a gate to the left. That driveway goes to the old house. There is even a cave back there, and a swimming pool they made from the creek. It is really neat. I love Pisgah! I usually just walk the Walterville pond now and watch the osprey and bald eagles. So many neat places in this area
The one with the private drive sign on the road - very cool & great family history :) I have friends that live/have lived up in your area - they have told me how beautiful the pond walk is too. I might have to explore it someday. I walk pisgah more in the spring and summer - love just losing a few hours on the trails. I sneak over to D. ranch as often as i can - as you know weather pending around here lol.

The one with the private drive sign on the road - very cool & great family history :) I have friends that live/have lived up in your area - they have told me how beautiful the pond walk is too. I might have to explore it someday. I walk pisgah more in the spring and summer - love just losing a few hours on the trails. I sneak over to D. ranch as often as i can - as you know weather pending around here lol.

Yep, we don't grab our "walking shoes" around here, but Muck boots. lol.

My younger two children would wear their muck boots to the library if I didn't stop them at the house door! Years ago we picked up a pair for everyone à la "Yours, Mine and Ours" at the feed store and we keep them in a clean Rubbermaid trash can when they are not drying out or in use. Along the way we have been given assorted rain boots and they just don't hold up as well. You need traction in the mud between November and March/April depending on the year. It was quite an adjustment from Southern California (barefoot year round).

Wow, I guess it would be quite an adjustment from S. Cal. I bet the kids are happy now that they can wear them all the time. lol.
My fiance is from Texas and still wants to buy white tennis shoes. >smacks forehead<

The white Kirkland tennis shoes are a great deal for the older boys and young men. The price is about $14 a pair and they have great traction. They don't stay white for long, but they work.

Back
Top Bottom