Oregon

I'm hoping to go to the swap in Terrebonne next month. If someone I know is going to Bend (which they do frequently), I'll have them drop me off on their way through and pick me up on their way back home. I should have a new incubator by then, so I can see if anyone has any hatching eggs I want.

Does that mean give someone a chicken and they'll give you a chicken?

Again, I don't have any experience. Here's what it says on the Oregon Poultry Swap website, "...we are able to come together and buy, sell and trade our poultry, our homemade goodies, and handmade gifts." If you go to the website, you can click on "Photo Albums" tab and see what one is like.

If you are on Facebook, it looks like each swap has its own page. Maybe joining the group page would allow you to ask if anyone has what you are looking for. Here's a quote from the Brownsville Chickenstock page: "Out of respect for our vendors, please remember that if you are not a paid vendor of our Swaps, you may no longer post items for sale/free in our groups. Posts of this nature will be removed. We are not a classified ad group, but we will be happy to assist you in finding one. ISO of posts are ok as well as "I have for trade at the swap" posts. You must indicate what you are looking to trade for though. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation." (Laura J. Castle)

ISO = in search of

Last edited:
Again, I don't have any experience. Here's what it says on the Oregon Poultry Swap website, "...we are able to come together and buy, sell and trade our poultry, our homemade goodies, and handmade gifts." If you go to the website, you can click on "Photo Albums" tab and see what one is like.

If you are on Facebook, it looks like each swap has its own page. Maybe joining the group page would allow you to ask if anyone has what you are looking for. Here's a quote from the Brownsville Chickenstock page: "Out of respect for our vendors, please remember that if you are not a paid vendor of our Swaps, you may no longer post items for sale/free in our groups. Posts of this nature will be removed. We are not a classified ad group, but we will be happy to assist you in finding one. ISO of posts are ok as well as "I have for trade at the swap" posts. You must indicate what you are looking to trade for though. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation." (Laura J. Castle)

ISO = in search of

I just found a D'uccle breeder so I will not need to go to the poultry swap, but thank you:)

ISO = in search of
I have been a vendor at the Spring and Fall Poultry Swaps for many years. It has expanded into a very large Farmers Market type event with all types of poultry (chickens, turkeys, quail, pigeons)/animals (pigs, goats, rabbits etc.), plants, crafts, lots of homemade/canned goods, honey (me!) etc., etc., etc., for sale :) It really is a great time with a fun large and larger each time group of people. There are pre-sales (swap facebook page), trades, barter and just sales the day of. Open to anyone who wants to come and just browse, buy or possibly trade. It really is a great day!

Back
Top Bottom