Oregon

Pic taken with my cell phone, so poor quality, but this is a map of the fires near us updated the night of the 22nd. Our town is the square in the middle on the right, where the highways come together. The "Incident Command Center" for these fires is right here in town, which the town is a whole square mile in size. I live just on the edge of town, heading south, so I get to watch most of the traffic.

time to play roo or hen! They are 11 weeks old and have tails that are too long and combs that are two big... A little disappointed know I know I shouldn't trust wing sexing... Sorry for the bad pics if you can tell me one or two that's fine...
1f603.png

Last edited:
You guys be careful! This rain of recent days has helped some, but there's a few still going strong...be careful and have an 'escape plan' in place for both you, family, and your animals, too!!

Hello Oregonians!

I have to find a home for my blue Breda boy. I will be sad to see him go, but 3 roos is too many. He was hatched 3.29.14 and is crowing and trying to cover unsuspecting girls. He is soooo sweet. Very curious, always comes to see what you are up to. The Breda are very peaceful and serene. They are the definition of rare heritage breed. This boy is from Greenfire's second line they imported. I got hatching eggs from a breeder who bought a trio straight from Greenfire farms.

Breda make great free-ranging birds as they are quite tuned in to predators. The feathered legs and lack of comb make them cold-hardy. They are known for laying steadily through the winter.

If you are interested in my sweet blue boy, send me a pm. I don't want him living his life in a breeder pen. He's a happy, healthy, spoiled boy. I'm hoping to find him a home where he'll be loved. Thanks!

Last edited:
Wow! What a gorgeous boy, I have a friend in Boring I will ask them if they are interested in him! Do you have any hens available?

Does anyone have any of Jill's Cream Legbars?

I am also interested in an Araucana and Croad Langshan, younger the better! Unless already super friendly.

Last edited:
Thanks! He is super sweet. It's hard for me to sell him but I have a mature roo and another cockerel. That would be great if you could see if your Boring friend would want him. I have two Breda pullets as well but they are not for sale. :) They'll stay with me. Look at my Breda girls:

Elsa above right, and Elsa and Lily below right. They are adorable!

I wish I knew someone with the birds you want. I know the daughter at the Damascus feed store raises Langshans...

Hi everyone, little disapointed, discovered we have two drake pekins. We will have to find homes for them. Can anyone help? My daughter is in tears, she knows with 7 hens (chooks)the makes would surely have their way. They are really sweet, if you would like them or have any ideas please let me know. I am also planning to call the fed store where we got them to see if we can find goid homes for them.

Hey Southern Oregon~
I have a FREE 2 months old E E chick which i'm pretty sure is a Roo . Got it at the grange as a pullet sexed chick. It has more red on wings(than this picture shows) and the pea comb has 3 ridges forming...hasn't crowed yet.

~ FREE 2 MONTH OLD EE CHICK~

I have a 2 month old Dominique cockerel. Vax for Marek's and coccidia, hatchery born. Just started to crow last weekend, hasn't squeaked every day though.

Near Albany and Corvallis, I-5 at exit 238.

Back
Top Bottom