Oregon

Bird Flu in Douglas county
ep.gif

I heard it's bad in Winston OR.

No I didn't try hatching any, I'm at the city limit of five birds already. I did look for the bullseye though and thought I saw it in a few of the eggs.
Okay so what's with the bird flu? Do they act sick and what should we keep an eye out for?

Bird Flu in Douglas county :eek:
So far only 1 case. The property has a pond and wetlands that are visited by migrating waterfowl. Unfortunately the domestic chickens, ducks and geese were infected and were destroyed. Please pardon me if I get the numbers wrong but they were found to be carrying the N5H8 virus, that is not transferable to humans. Wouldn't make me feel much better if I was loosing my birds though.

So far only 1 case. The property has a pond and wetlands that are visited by migrating waterfowl. Unfortunately the domestic chickens, ducks and geese were infected and were destroyed. Please pardon me if I get the numbers wrong but they were found to be carrying the N5H8 virus, that is not transferable to humans. Wouldn't make me feel much better if I was loosing my birds though.
I would freak out. OHSU would have to get involved!

Yes only one flock as far as I know and they seemed most concerned about keeping chickens away fron water fowl. I can't seem to keep the little birds out of my runs, dang things are like mice but they get in and can't get back out.

Thanks for the info Trident wow they had 100 birds more then I thought. Anyone else have trouble keeping the little birds out of their runs?

Back
Top Bottom