Oregon

Hi guys! In an effort to add a few girls to my flock, I ordered hatching eggs from some of the great breeders here on BYC. Since I am only trying to add one of each breed, I will have an excess of chicks. I would like to sell them as day old chicks for local pickup in the Salem area. The first batch is set to hatch Friday, so chicks can be picked up Saturday or Sunday. The breeds in this batch include: BBS Ameraucana, Lav Ameraucana, Cuckoo Marans, Blue Marans, Wheaten Marans, and CCL. Let me know if you're interested :D

My next batch will be Welsummers (sexable at hatch) and Barnevelders.

Last edited:
Anybody want a White Bearded Silkie Cockerel? He was hatched 12/25/14 from eggs from Florida. He most likely carries splash and it grey genes. He is a pet bird we can't have rooster s in the city so he's free to good home. Salem

I joined. Not technically from OR, but close enough :D
woot.gif
Another new BYC member!
welcome-byc.gif

Wilco is having its Purina-tie-in Free Chick Day on March 21 ... buy a 50 lb bag of Start & Grow or Flock Raiser, get 5 free Cornish X chicks (limit of 5 per customer/10 per family). They also host workshops on raising chickens at many (all?) of their locations, and advertise there will be a vet there to answer questions. Right now they are advertising a special on Scratch & Peck feeds ...

You might need to sign up with their Chickville list to get e-mails about the specials on poultry items. Back when I was buying my poultry feed at Wilco I got some cool things like little egg baskets for free. Sometimes they send out coupons. But I'm pretty sure you can take advantage of some of the specials without being on the list.

Ha! I was just looking at that today right before the ODA vet came for testing. I guess between ODA and the USDA they are sending vets to the stores. Really cool!

Back
Top Bottom