Oregon

Hello oregon BYCers. I live in the central Wilamette valley and am wondering if anyone knows of a person that sells Blue laces red wyandottes, either hatching eggs or chicks. I had 4 from the local wilco but the dog got in the brooder and killed the 2 blue cockerels, I'm left with 2 splash pullets with less than desirable lacing and would really like to get some new birds. Also interested in started birds or a breeding trio or quad. Thanks

There is someobe on ebay from Salem who sells BRLWs.

to those in the Oregon City/Molalla/Estacada area, what are all the predators we should be aware of? I'm in Beavercreek, right in the middle of these three areas, and consider skunks, raccoons, coyotes, Hawks, and owls to be my biggest predators. There's the occasional cougar sighting around here. Do bobcats or any other Oregon predators make it around here commonly?

I would love to visit Oregon someday
smile.png
I think it's a very pretty state.
That it is, Lsky. You can choose from gorgeous beaches, dunes, forests, valleys with rivers, desert and mountain tops. With the changing climate, I especially love all the water. :)

That it is, Lsky.  You can choose from gorgeous beaches, dunes, forests, valleys with rivers, desert and mountain tops.  With the changing climate, I especially love all the water.  :)
Oh wow, I'm very late :/
But yes, Oregon looks beautiful. I wonder if anyone here knows of any places in particular that you should visit?

Oregon is rich in the beautiful scenery department. If I had my way I do a kind of meandering road trip: Starting out in Hood River area do some hiking, windsurfing, and much eating of fruit. Also, I'd rent a convertible and cruise around the Columbia River Highway, making sure I've got money set aside for the speeding ticket I'd probably get. I'd make my way down to Portland, spend the day at the zoo, Japanese Garden, or the Rose Quarter and do one of OMSI adult only night time events (I don't drink myself but a bunch of adults loose in a museum at night with alcohol is bound to be fun). Opal creek is near Portland so I'd go for a hike there before heading down scenic highway 101 since the whole of the Oregon coast is just beautiful. Then there are about 300 other things but I would definitely hit Crater Lake and Silver Falls, stay for the Oregon Star Party, and visit a ton of local winerys and breweries. Also, Corvallis has a great little Vietnamese sandwich shop.

Make sure to pack an Oregon tuxedo: a mostly clean pair of jeans and a comfortable flannel shirt. Don't bother to bring shoes you care about.

If you're anywhere near the Salem area, be sure to head over to Silverton where you can visit the Oregon Gardens and a short drive away is Silver Falls. There are at least 7 beautiful waterfalls that you can hike to and you can even walk behind a couple of the falls, seeing them from the inside out. I have been in every state in this country (except Hawaii, which I hope to visit later this year). Even though each one has its captivating beauty, none can compare to Oregon. Oregon has it all!

Wow, that sounds amazing. I would love to do that :D I'll keep that in mind. There's so much to do, how could anyone ever get bored living there.

Back
Top Bottom