Oregon

I’m also in Gaston, small world!

For winterizing make sure they have a dry predator proof sleeping area. I don’t provide heat in the winter to any that are fully feathered since we honestly don’t get too cold or snowy usually.

Thank you. Where in Gaston? I'm in Cherry Grove. I've also been thinking about allowing them out of their run into a fenced in area but not too sure about predation durning the day.

I’m also in Gaston, small world!

For winterizing make sure they have a dry predator proof sleeping area. I don’t provide heat in the winter to any that are fully feathered since we honestly don’t get too cold or snowy usually.
Hello, neighbors! I am just outside of Gaston on Chehalem mountain. Also a first year chicken-er. Since my coop is mobile and fairly open, I’m thinking of just wheeling it into a run in stall on the back of the barn, just to keep the wind off them. No heat or lamps or anything like that. I’m thinking they’ll be fine. I agree that it doesn’t get bitterly cold here, although I will say they didn’t seem to like the warmer days of summer, and this was a very mild summer, at least compared to last year! I have six, two Black Australorps, two Cuckoo Marans and two Rhode Island Reds. We purchased all of them in May, so almost 5 months old. (One is laying!)

Hello, neighbors! I am just outside of Gaston on Chehalem mountain. Also a first year chicken-er. Since my coop is mobile and fairly open, I’m thinking of just wheeling it into a run in stall on the back of the barn, just to keep the wind off them. No heat or lamps or anything like that. I’m thinking they’ll be fine. I agree that it doesn’t get bitterly cold here, although I will say they didn’t seem to like the warmer days of summer, and this was a very mild summer, at least compared to last year! I have six, two Black Australorps, two Cuckoo Marans and two Rhode Island Reds. We purchased all of them in May, so almost 5 months old. (One is laying!)

Hey it is cool to have a few people in the area!

Hello from Dallas Oregon! I have a two month old mallard Hen who needs a home. Shes in great health!
IMG_20190922_142411.jpg

Hello Oregon friends! Beaverton, OR here. My husband and I are looking to rehome our cayuga ducks. We have 4 ducks and 1 drake. They are beautiful, but unfortunately my husband is unable to consume their eggs without getting really sick! We've kept them for a year, adding 2 more to what started as a smaller flock because a rogue duck wanted to control her own reproduction (respect). However, winter is coming and the ducks keep eating... Is there anyone interested in them?

Wish I was closer (and that my white layer drake wasn't so territorial when it comes to new introductions :hmm). Are you on Facebook by chance? If so and you don't have any luck on here, there are a couple pages on there that are pretty useful for rehoming ducks in Oregon.

Hello Oregon friends! Beaverton, OR here. My husband and I are looking to rehome our cayuga ducks. We have 4 ducks and 1 drake. They are beautiful, but unfortunately my husband is unable to consume their eggs without getting really sick! We've kept them for a year, adding 2 more to what started as a smaller flock because a rogue duck wanted to control her own reproduction (respect). However, winter is coming and the ducks keep eating... Is there anyone interested in them?

Wish I was closer (and that my white layer drake wasn't so territorial when it comes to new introductions :hmm). Are you on Facebook by chance? If so and you don't have any luck on here, there are a couple pages on there that are pretty useful for rehoming ducks in Oregon.
I am! I'm not familiar with pages like that, I would love to know more-- thank you!

I am! I'm not familiar with pages like that, I would love to know more-- thank you!
There is an Oregon Chicken Lovers page (mostly about chickens, but there are occasional posts about ducks), and then a much smaller group called Oregon Duck Lovers, you just have to look for the one not associated with being Oregon Ducks fans (not too hard...there is a photo of ducks as the profile photo). It seems a large number of people who post are closer to your area.
They are used for educational posts, questions, and plenty for rehoming. Just make sure you post it as a discussion thread/regular post and not an item for sale (although since it is livestock, it might be okay) :)

There is an Oregon Chicken Lovers page (mostly about chickens, but there are occasional posts about ducks), and then a much smaller group called Oregon Duck Lovers, you just have to look for the one not associated with being Oregon Ducks fans (not too hard...there is a photo of ducks as the profile photo). It seems a large number of people who post are closer to your area.
They are used for educational posts, questions, and plenty for rehoming. Just make sure you post it as a discussion thread/regular post and not an item for sale (although since it is livestock, it might be okay) :)
Thank you so much!! :)

Back
Top Bottom