Oregon

Anybody know where to get hatching eggs in the Portland area? I'm looking into starting incubating at the end of February, but I want to start my egg search early. I've found a couple of craigslist ads, but there aren't many options and some seem a little expensive.

I'm probably going to have to go down to Salem to get my incubator so I'd consider getting eggs in that range as well.
I've been waiting for the Oregonian's to wake up. I know there are good egg's to be had but this thread is nowhere near as active as it once was. It makes it tough.
I'm seriously on the verge of just ordering chicks from Greenfire. I've been checking this thread daily Incase somebody shows up.

I founds some egg's! A lady on Craigslist posted some Bev Davis and Wade Jean line BCM egg's. She Also has Cream Legbar. The Marans egg quality is still kinda in question being there is no photos, but for $15 a doz, I figured it is worth a shot.

Anybody know where to get hatching eggs in the Portland area? I'm looking into starting incubating at the end of February, but I want to start my egg search early. I've found a couple of craigslist ads, but there aren't many options and some seem a little expensive.

I'm probably going to have to go down to Salem to get my incubator so I'd consider getting eggs in that range as well.
I *might* have some in the next few weeks. Just waiting for my girls to ramp up production! We have 8 active layers but average about 4 eggs a day so I don't have enough to sell just yet. If we have more by next month I can let you know! How many eggs are you wanting?

I *might* have some in the next few weeks. Just waiting for my girls to ramp up production! We have 8 active layers but average about 4 eggs a day so I don't have enough to sell just yet. If we have more by next month I can let you know! How many eggs are you wanting?

I’m wanting to do at least a dozen, though I’m borrowing the incubator and I don’t know what the capacity is yet.
What breeds do you have?

I’m wanting to do at least a dozen, though I’m borrowing the incubator and I don’t know what the capacity is yet.
What breeds do you have?
Our little roo is part Dorking and I'm unsure about the other part-he has feathers down to his toes and has the blue-ish earlobe.

The girls that are currently laying are:
Buff Orpington
Barred Rock
Dorking
ISA Brown

We have 4 others that were just brought home a few days ago and haven't been introduced to the flock physically yet. When our roo starts fertilizing their eggs too, I can let you know.
I can post pics if that'd be helpful :)

Our little roo is part Dorking and I'm unsure about the other part-he has feathers down to his toes and has the blue-ish earlobe.

The girls that are currently laying are:
Buff Orpington
Barred Rock
Dorking
ISA Brown

We have 4 others that were just brought home a few days ago and haven't been introduced to the flock physically yet. When our roo starts fertilizing their eggs too, I can let you know.
I can post pics if that'd be helpful :)
Pics would be great. Those are all breeds that would do well in my flock too.

Pics would be great. Those are all breeds that would do well in my flock too.
Here's a few, let me know if you need any others. The first pic is our little roo.
Edited to add: after researching a little bit, I believe little roo is part Silkie.

20200127_153145.jpg 20191230_151919.jpg 20191230_173537.jpg 20191230_114628.jpg 20191208_112740.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom