Oregon

It does seem a little mysterious how the birds were all tested and checked as that would be very expensive and time consuming not to mention how did they contact the owners of all the birds that were sold? Maybe I am missing something? Ithink NPIP only tests for a few diseases.

Quote:
I understand that you spoke to them and they were friendly but if the testing was done in-house it doesn't necessarily prove anything. If you really think that your birds got GM from them or anyone else then you need to call the state and have them check it out. They or whomever could potentially be infecting TONS of other stock.

I agree with this 100%. I edited my posts to remove what you said, BUT how exactly did they "analyse" your birds? I would be extremely suspicious. Maybe contact the state and just ask them if anyone else has had a problem with them...
roll.png

Last edited:
Here you go:

Chicken coops tour is June 19

Fifteen Salem residents will showcase their backyards as part of the inaugural Capitol City Chicken Coop & Garden Tour.

The tours will run from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. June 19 at various locations.

Coop tours include booklets with color pictures, descriptions and a map of the 15 stops and a suggested route.

Visitors can expect to see chicken tractors, mobile coops, greenhouses, composters, beekeeping operations and more.

Award-winning writer Gretchen Anderson will kick off the event with a signing of her latest book, “The Backyard Chicken Fight.”

The book chronicles the battles between municipalities and chicken supporters who want to keep backyard hens.

Cost is $7. Tickets can be purchased at 13th Street Nursery, Pet Etc. and Champion Feed in Salem; Old Mill Feed & Garden in Dallas; Cooper Creek Mercantile in Keizer, or by email to [email protected].

For more information, visit salemchickens.com .

Back
Top Bottom