Oregon

Hello folks! I haven't been here in a while but I love to see what's going on locally. If anyone is interested I am going to be giving another Backyard Chicken Class this Sunday from 5PM to 7PM in Beaverton.
288.gif
Last one was fun and had lots of great questions! If you want further info just PM me
dancegirl2.gif

Quote:
Heatherkh, Love your avatar!
lol.png
My rooster Nando just did his first strangled crow today!
barnie.gif
(See thread below) If he keep this up or becomes better at it, I may have to rehome him. You can bet I'll be hitting y'all up to take him in. Who wouldn't want a sweet deformed rooster who had such a rough start in life? He's a big sweetie, and NO sPUrS! I'll try to keep him as long as I can though, we do love that hunchback fool. I should get new pictures, he's blossoming feathers out all over. They are literally draped all over him like dreadlocks. So cool.

Last edited:
That rooster looks strangely familiar.
smile.png

Quote:
lol.png
barnie.gif
(See thread below) If he keep this up or becomes better at it, I may have to rehome him. You can bet I'll be hitting y'all up to take him in. Who wouldn't want a sweet deformed rooster who had such a rough start in life? He's a big sweetie, and NO sPUrS! I'll try to keep him as long as I can though, we do love that hunchback fool. I should get new pictures, he's blossoming feathers out all over. They are literally draped all over him like dreadlocks. So cool.

Quote:
lol.png
barnie.gif

Oh, we do love him! You found us one unique birdie. Did you see your Tilly on the windowsill in one of the pics? We love her too.

Last edited:
Holy cats I just blazed through the Nan(do) thread - what a saga!! That is one mixed up little chicken, and about the sweetest thing I have ever seen! I hope you're able to keep him, it would break my heart to have to let him go after all of that. Crap, our broody hatched out a little over a week ago, and I'm nursing one of the wee bitties who managed to get it's toe caught on something (toenail gone and torn skin). The little thing is healing quite nicely and should be ready to go back out with momma soon. It peeps for me when I leave it and chirps happily when I'm paying attention to it, and I would be lying if I told you it didn't melt my heart just a little. Boyfriend said it would be just the way if this little one turned out to be a roo, as we really only want one and that position is filled.

Here's my chick in sick bay - she's a little mutt - yellow fuzz covered with black polka dots!

307250_10150323610942822_600452821_7999229_274017852_n.jpg

Quote:
Uh oh...I hate to tell you this, but it's highly unlikely that momma will accept him back after his absence...
hmm.png
It might just be easier to snag another chick from her so he has a buddy inside...

He is a one of a kind and quite the story with him. I hope he stays on the quiet side for you all. I did see Tilly she looks great and I love the egg color.
Quote:

Oh, we do love him! You found us one unique birdie. Did you see your Tilly on the windowsill in one of the pics? We love her too.

Back
Top Bottom