Oregon

I've been around this site for awhile and only just now got around to finding all of you...

I live in (sorta) central OR in a little community called Rainbow..

I have all kinds of chickens...

15 mixed banties

10 EE (2 are banties)

8 cuckoo marans

5 black tailed white Japanese

4 Sultans

11 banty packing peanuts which are almost certainly roos.

Plus at least 35 more to come...
th.gif
Those will be 10+ fbc marans and 25 breed in the making called alohas. I am really excited about the last ones! I just can't wait!

nice to meet ya'll!

I've been around this site for awhile and only just now got around to finding all of you...

I live in (sorta) central OR in a little community called Rainbow..

I have all kinds of chickens...

15 mixed banties

10 EE (2 are banties)

8 cuckoo marans

5 black tailed white Japanese

4 Sultans

11 banty packing peanuts which are almost certainly roos.

Plus at least 35 more to come...
th.gif
Those will be 10+ fbc marans and 25 breed in the making called alohas. I am really excited about the last ones! I just can't wait!

nice to meet ya'll!

Welcome!!!
welcome-byc.gif
Great to meet ya'!!!
D.gif

Its been quiet here on the western front of the Oregon chat page.....

Spring is starting to... spring! LOL! So, things are really busy around the Ranch right now. Getting the ground ready for planting, etc. Preparing a new pasture. Still repairing from all that wonderful storm damage. It's hard to find the time to get on here, like I used to. Bummer!
hmm.png

I think that's what's keeping things quiet on here. Just that time of year. Busy, busy, busy... Miss chatting with my Chickie peeps!
love.gif

I know I have been crazy busy what with new pens to build and all. If the weather would just cooperate!

Spring is (hopefully) just around the corner though. My hens are starting to get snappy whilst on the nest. My new chicks are here and growing like crazy... At what age do you guys turn them out in the pens without the heat lamp? I was thinking at 4 weeks or so... What do all of you do?

I know I have been crazy busy what with new pens to build and all. If the weather would just cooperate!

Spring is (hopefully) just around the corner though. My hens are starting to get snappy whilst on the nest. My new chicks are here and growing like crazy... At what age do you guys turn them out in the pens without the heat lamp? I was thinking at 4 weeks or so... What do all of you do?
I put them out as soon as they are fully feathered and weaned off the heat in the brooder. Usually 4 - 6 weeks, varies slightly between the breeds. Winter or Summer, when the feathers come in, they go out!

Just sold 2 little 5 month old bantam EE pullets. More provisions for the flock! Very cool.

I've got a Silkie on 7 eggs. Can't wait for babies! Several are going to my friends who are starting out their venture with chickens! So cool!

And, yes, 5 weeks is the youngest to put them outside in these temps. I would wait til 6 weeks until it gets warmer. You can put them out earlier when the months are warmer.

Hello everyone. :) I wanted to let all you locals know that I have 4 young roosters in need of new homes. I am located on the central Oregon coast, but am willing to drive a couple hours to meet up with people. I have two young polish roosters about 7 months old.....one is a buff laced and the other is a very dark red/gold laced. He is from mixed color background. He has the pattern of a gold laced but his color runs to a very deep red. Quite stunning. I also have a very nice young wheaten marans rooster who is 5 months old. I hatched some eggs from a fellow BYC member, and he was the only chick to hatch. I have no girls for him, and he is just to good to waste. Lastly, I have a blue orpington rooster who is 5 months old. He and the wheaten marans both came from eggs from BYC member PiperOmar. He is a very sweet calm boy, but he has a ton of red leakage in his feathers. So he is not a good candidate for a serious breeder, however, he has a great dispostion and would make a great backyard or farmyard flock protector. He is very calm around people. You can see pictures of these guys in this facebook album http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.243494389071580.62453.156195471134806&type=3 and they are also listed in the BST section of the forum.

Back
Top Bottom