Oregon

I would love to go to the Specialty, I use to show my Shih-tzu and may show this guy, I will have to look at breed standard again though. Always had blacks, not sure if any white is allowed on the face of the landseers. I may go to the rose city classic. Cant wait to meet you Shelia at the Bird show!!!!1

Here is the link for the Illustrated Standard. I wish all Breeds had this!! http://www.ncanewfs.org/publications/illustratedguide/illusguidecontents.html

I hope that I can go to the PNPA show next weekend. Was planning to, in fact I am supposed to work one of the tables, but it depends on how well my girl is doing (the one with the transfusion). She has to be back on solid ground before I can leave her for an entire day. I REALLY want to go!! However, her health will be the deciding factor....

Sheila :)

Quote: From my best latest info IF you go to the show you WILL have to see me. See as I am told Iron Imagery is being given an island booth on the main corridor and everybody will have to pass to get into the show!!
thumbsup.gif

Just throwing it out there if anyone is interested....I have a small coop that will be available for sale after the swap on the 27th. It has a heavy duty pallet as the floor (one half covered in 1/2" welded wire, the back half covered in plywood for a solid floor). So the footprint of the coop is 4' x 4'. I'll get more exact measurements on it soon, and will take pics. It's heavy, and you'll need a flatbed to haul it on, and a few strong people to move it. I'll throw in the cinder blocks that it's sitting on with it. $100.

I have a pair of Seramas living in it right now, and a trio of Call Ducks used to live in it, with plenty of room.

Let me know if you are going to be there we need to meet for sure :)

From my best latest info IF you go to the show you WILL have to see me. See as I am told Iron Imagery is being given an island booth on the main corridor and everybody will have to pass to get into the show!!
thumbsup.gif

Would LOVE to!! Will, definitely need to meet up!! I am keeping my fingers, and toes, crossed- REALLY hard to walk but a girl's gotta do, what a girl's gotta do!!
wee.gif

Sheila :)

When we pack our eggs into cartons we always make sure the eggs are evenly distributed by both color and size. It makes a big variety in each dozen ... some green/blue, some white, and various shades of brown ranging from a deep rosy color, medium brown, to a light brownish pink. Whatever the hens give us each day is what we work with, and some days the hens seem to be having a jumbo egg beauty contest, some days they seem to be resting their vents. It's always fun to see what we've got and see which Ben lays which egg. The eggs can be anywhere from jumbo we almost can't fit into the carton at one end of the row, to the large side of peewee on the other end. The very small eggs stay with us (as do tho eggs too big for the carton). I think each dozen always looks cool and is the most fair way I can think of to divide up the eggs to make sure they are all from the same date so as fresh as possible ... Anyway ... I sent some eggs to my sister who has one particular teenaged child who really loves animals and farming and really wanted to try our eggs. The child said she didn't know eggs could be so beautiful as the ones we sent her. That just about makes up for one of my other friends who acted all disappointed when she saw the eggs, telling us we should "grade them for size, not color." A few days later, she said she felt a little less ripped off because the bigger eggs had two yolks, and that "almost makes up for the inadequacies of the smaller eggs." I know where she can get Extra Large, colorless, runny, "graded" eggs for about the same price as we charge for our eggs ... People can be so funny!

Back
Top Bottom