Oregon

I ended up doing quite a bit of fostering and re-homing of Black Mouth Curs when they did this.
The Coyotes don't bother me, it's nature and we are encroaching on it. I know that is not a popular opinion..but it's mine. They freak me out a little bit and I don't leave my cat out at night, but when I have run into them, they run and avoid me. I used to see two Cougars frequently way out off Redland Road, above Beaver Lake on Sam McGee. Now that scared me! I never left my horses out at night there.
I feel the same. I see coyotes a lot when i hike - I'm not scared of them. I love wild life but understand that people have the right to protect themselfs & property. I myself wont kill unless i had to. We have to share the land. Im sure some of the large ones people are seeing are coydogs. There are a few of those around here.

I'm going to do one more hatch because a friend wants some chickies. I'd rather get eggs close to home but shipped is ok too. Anyone have any of the following hatching eggs? Does not have to be a dozen. PM me if you do.

All Large Fowl
Cochins
Lavender Orpington
Barnvelder Dbl laced or Partridge
Buff or Dark Brahmas
Heritage RIR

Open to others =)
She wants a mixed flock...I will be left with what she doesn't take, so I'd like good quality.

Thank DeAnna

I'm going to do one more hatch because a friend wants some chickies. I'd rather get eggs close to home but shipped is ok too. Anyone have any of the following hatching eggs? Does not have to be a dozen. PM me if you do.

Barnvelder Dbl laced or Partridge

Open to others =)
She wants a mixed flock...I will be left with what she doesn't take, so I'd like good quality.

Thank DeAnna
DeAnna,

My Barnie breeding pen is not laying right now. Check with Andy and see if he has eggs available.

I will be sorting Juvies next week =:~)

k/

[COLOR=800080]Actually it is a fact-- human population has, in some area's, extensively encroached on wild habitats. [/COLOR]

[COLOR=800080]I have noticed, during extreme droughts or extreme winter's that we (people) have more encounters with wildlife moving into (sometimes far into) human population centers. [/COLOR]

[COLOR=800080]Twice, that I remember, there have been cougars at the Vancouver Mall and they have had to catch them and move them out into the mountains, to release them.  That is pretty far into a populated area!![/COLOR]

[COLOR=800080]Sheila :)[/COLOR]

Uea the area your talking about in beaver creek there's a lot more now too

Clover Leaf, a pack of 6-8 will not be afraid of people. Are there kids near you? The old property we lived on further out in OC had a pack and would come right to our door. They are scary when in a large pack like that. Time to start hunting. I have a mating pair around my "neighborhood" (average lot size 3-5 acres) and they come into back yards to eat apples and pears that have fallen. I keep my rifle next to the back door so if they come on my property, no more coyote.

Clover Leaf, a pack of 6-8 will not be afraid of people. Are there kids near you? The old property we lived on further out in OC had a pack and would come right to our door. They are scary when in a large pack like that. Time to start hunting. I have a mating pair around my "neighborhood" (average lot size 3-5 acres) and they come into back yards to eat apples and pears that have fallen. I keep my rifle next to the back door so if they come on my property, no more coyote.
Yes, there are kids on my road. Four of these were in or right next to my yard, the rest were further out in the field. One of them was right next to the fence challenge-yipping at my dogs. :( We were ready for them last night, but they didn't show....

It always figures when you are waiting for them, they don't show. When you are not expecting them, BAM, there they are. My 2 were in the neighbors forest a couple of days ago and yelping about a kill the made. I went out and shot a round into one of my trees to scatter them. They were about 100' from my coop, judging by sounds. I will get them one of these days.

Back
Top Bottom