Oregon

What a jabber jaws!!!
yuckyuck.gif

Geese I don't get on for like 3 days and I had like 7 pages to catch up on the design of the brooder is almost complete and all my lil ones are getting lots of feathers will try and get some pictures up tonight and looks like I got all pullets again starting to get a good record going and congrads CLOVERLEAF

Geese I don't get on for like 3 days and I had like 7 pages to catch up on the design of the brooder is almost complete and all my lil ones are getting lots of feathers will try and get some pictures up tonight and looks like I got all pullets again starting to get a good record going and congrads CLOVERLEAF
thumbsup.gif

Planned on getting a nap in today, since I didn't yesterday, but it was SO gorgeous outside today, decided to clean up the yard some. Got LOTS done while I could!
big_smile.png

Also released a Rock Dove today that I've been rehabbing for about 2 weeks....
lol.png
so far she's hanging out in my back yard....I may live to regret this one...lol

I've been trying to find an Australian Shepherd to add to my family and not having much luck with it. So I am going next week to look at a litter of Doberman Pinschers.

Same thing, right? Except the doberman is twice the size, has a short coat instead of medium, and is a terrier and not a herding dog. Other than that, same same.

Oh the joys of teaching a new pup that playing with the poultry is forbidden. Hopefully before the geese stomp him flat.

http://www.australian-shepherd-lovers.com/breeder-directory-aussie-2.html#ancOR

Here is a link to all breeders in Oregon. Hope this helps. I love my Aussie. He is 13yo and semi retired, still watches over my chickens(he thinks they are his puppies)

Planned on getting a nap in today, since I didn't yesterday, but it was SO gorgeous outside today, decided to clean up the yard some.  Got LOTS done while I could! :D

Also released a Rock Dove today that I've been rehabbing for about 2 weeks....  :lol:   so far she's hanging out in my back yard....I may live to regret this one...lol  

At least it's not living right above your front door like the pigeon that adopted us.
5364e1ff.jpg

I think that's great that you helped the Rock dove.

What a sweet dove!

We had doves when I was a kid... as I recall the first one was an injured foundling, My father was not one for keeping animals that didn't work but this dove used to sit on top of his head while he smoked his after dinner pipe, which (oddly) he really seemed to like. At some point we got some others to keep her company. They "free ranged" right along with our chickens and never flew away. My father was diligent with all aspects of brooding/raising chicks but he was pretty hands off with the laying chickens other than sometimes clipped a flighty roo's wing. I remember that the doves could sit pretty high in the trees but I'll ask my sister if she remembers their wings ever got clipped or if they stayed on their own accord.

Went to the show in Salem and had a ton of Fun!

Guess who won the Turkey Pair in the Breeder's raffle this weekend!!!

They are super friendly and I can just pick up my tom and carry him under one arm.

I also got a new purse for carrying around my favorites!

Beaky!

Back
Top Bottom