orgainic feed

ydalhsif

Chirping
13 Years
Mar 17, 2010
bastrop
i am looking for organic feed for my few quail. i am not happy with what i have and the quail arent doing good on it.

You could go pick seeds & catch bugs for them.

ETA: Mine freak out if I put a bug in with them though. They run to the far corner of the cage until it is gone. I guess they are wired birds but they still taste good.

Last edited:
Quote:
Not to debate the pros and cons of organic feed, but Purina is all natural, if that helps. (Oh the USDA, I want to go off on you so bad, but I am restraining myself. No more Food, Inc. before BYC!
lol.png
)

I feed Dumor Chick Starter to my layers, and Purina Startena to my chicks. I know that you can get organic feed from Purina, but I don't know of any others. Does anybody know how much protein the organic feed has?

To The Best Of My Knowledge Unless Its Medicated All Feed Is Pretty Much Organic In The Gamebird Lines--- Now Thats Pretty Generalized When You Consider All The Lil Feed Companies Out There In Other Regions... But Purina, Manna Pro, Nutrena--- The Big Boys That Sell Nation-wide Most Of What They Sell Is Organic. Pretty Much The Only Additives In Gamebird Feed Is Medicated Feed Which Is Usually Either Broadspectrum Antibiotics, Or Coccistat Agents(which Arent Approved For Use In Quail In The 1st Place)

Quote:
ROBO IF YOU WANT BETTER LAYING RATES AND OVERALL HEALTHIER BREEDERS DUMP THE DULESS AND JUST FEED THEM ALL STARTRENA 24/7 FROM HATCH TO DISPATCH-- JUST A SUGESSTION.

i am feeding coyote creek organic layer and grower. the layer is same for my hens. the grower i got from another quail breeder.
he had it made specially for the quail.

Back
Top Bottom