Organic Farming Illegal! new links

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by pdsavage, Mar 6, 2009.

1. pdsavage

pdsavage Sussex Monarch

Mar 27, 2008
    NW,Missouri
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2009
  2. banter

banter Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 3, 2008
    Raymond Maine
    Hard to believe that -prob a hoax

3. country lady

country lady Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 8, 2008
    NW Tennessee
    I find this hard to believe. I would more likely believe that Monsanto, DuPont, and Dow would try to do so in a more sneaky way ie., patents, wind-blown genetic altering, etc. IMO I think many of modern day problems are because we are too many generations away from the farm.

4. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

5. PurpleChicken

PurpleChicken Tolerated.....Mostly

Apr 6, 2007
    Iceland
    Nope, not a hoax. Our liberties are being stripped by Washington more
    and more every day.

Check out the sponsors. Anyone see an R by anyone's name???

6. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

That is one lengthy bill. I tried to read it and lost all control over my eyeballs.

7. PurpleChicken

PurpleChicken Tolerated.....Mostly

Apr 6, 2007
    Iceland
    Quote:You could probably type it faster than I could read it. [​IMG]

8. Chicken Fruit

Chicken Fruit Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 25, 2009
    Echo Homestead
    Bills just like these have come up, and will keep coming up over and over through the years. It doesnt mean they will pass. Doesnt mean we should look the other way either- we have voices in washington and should make them heard. contact your assembly people, congressmen/women or anyone else who's got voice and be heard.

The government only does what we allow it- that the way its set up. Theres not enough people in this nation who would willingly outlaw, ban, or put a patent on farming.

9. ursusarctosana

ursusarctosana Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 6, 2008
    Spokane, WA
    The U.S. has imposed sanctions on such countries as Croatia (a country that has always taken pride in fresh, organically grown produce) telling them that if they do not accept GMOs into their crops they will not be allowed to be members of the WTO and other organizations. This is where the U.S. is acting as a world cop and bully. It is a sad fact, in this instance, that smaller countries are being "forced" and "bullied" into eating crap they don't want just because the U.S. is interesting first and foremost in capital gain.

The Croatian government attempted to ban GMOs back in 2002, but was threatened by the U.S.:
    http://ictsd.net/i/news/biores/8706/

Croatia, to this day, is fighting the U.S. and has 14 counties that remain GMO-free:
    http://www.gmo-free-regions.org/gmo-free-regions/croatia.html

So, basically, if Croatia did not accept what the U.S. forced upon them, they would be banned from the WTO and this would hurt their economy and, unfortunately, keep them down.

So, one could interpret this as "being healthy at the price of being destitute within the world economy."

10. andehens

andehens Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 25, 2008
    Scenic Sierra Nevadas
    National Animal Identification System(NAIS)
    See Sec210 Traceback Requirements (d)(2) (D).

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by