Organic feed?

Hi! I'm just wondering if anyone feeds there chicks/chickens organic feed, and if so, why? Pros? Cons?

Thanks guys!
Maya

Why I'm a health performance major lol and and minor in coaching extra I'm a nutritionist I cook my own food and I wanted to start another business.

Organic Future Farms I prefer natural homemade approach organic foods provide more nutrition and fiber protein and vitamins

I would suggest purchasing Purina/DuMOR then start reading up and if you are a cook then create your own mixture of Organic Foods

Also I would only feed them Organic if you desire a long and healthy Chicken or future healthy nutritional meal for yourself or consumer

Natural no Steriods ext

We are keeping chickens to be healthier and eat better, locally produced food. I do feed organic--doing this on a small scale it isn't that much more. I also am trying to avoid pesticides and herbicides to the extent possible and I think it's important to support farmers who are growing organic grain. Was feeding Scratch and Peck but found New Country Organics cheaper so switched.

We are keeping chickens to be healthier and eat better, locally produced food. I do feed organic--doing this on a small scale it isn't that much more. I also am trying to avoid pesticides and herbicides to the extent possible and I think it's important to support farmers who are growing organic grain. Was feeding Scratch and Peck but found New Country Organics cheaper so switched.
Both of the companies I provided offer discounts in store and online and work with a variety of industries
Amazon
eBay
TractorSupply
Local FeedStores
Extra
And it's Farley easy to create your own think of it like mixing mixed peanuts or chexmix lol

@Chickening101 We are feeding organic because we want to eat organic. We try to buy and grow whatever we can organic and non-gmo sure it's not all perfect but we do the best we can to live healthier and happier. I imagine it is easier to do with a backyard flock than a large scale operation.
@jennyf Thanks for mentioning New Country Organics I am checking them out and I think I will make the switch!

I feed organic most of the time, because I like it. I have many options around here including a local soy free, Nature's Best (TSC), Organic Unlimited & Purina Organic. Presently feeding Nature's Best from TSC, as my feed store quit carrying it when they got Purina Organic. The Purina is cheaper at the feed store then at TSC, but Nature's Best is cheaper yet at TSC right now. Layer is $25.99 for 40 lbs. The feed store also carries Scratch & Peck, but I haven't tried it. Looking forward to Nature's Best Soy Free pellets, coming to TSC this summer. The soy free local mash is $35/80 lbs. You will have to see what is available in your area.

Back
Top Bottom