Organic/Gmo Free feed in NW Florida?

I am in Crestview FL if you are still looking for more interested people. Please let me know if there will be an order for feed soon.
Thanks,

We have the same problem in South Florida. I've found a couple of places that carry good organic, GMO free feed, but both places are at least an hour drive. I did find New Country Organics online. They are working on building local buying cooperatives in Florida. But in the meantime, they see direct from their website. Unfortunately, shipping to Florida is expensive, but their feed price is lower than the places in our area, so for a 50 lb. bag, I pay about $4 more to have it delivered to my front door by UPS.

I am located in South East Florida and it's just ridiculous how hard (and expensive) it is to get good quality starter layer grower feed! I really like Scratch & peck, it IS pricey but SO worth it in the end and they offer free shipping. I only use their starter since I go in with a friend down here she orders from SandM Farms in Pelham, Georgia.
Ordering a pallet (friend raises cows, pigs and chickens) the bags of GMO free, Organic SoyFree feed is $27 for layer $28 for starter and grower. I do like Scratch & Peck starter so I always give mine 50 lbs of that and then switch to SandM feed. Its worth it if you can find a couple people to go in on a pallet and they will mix and match. https://www.sandmfarms.net

ALSO I just found a feed Store in Vero Beach FL who carries New Country Organics she orders a pallet every 3 weeks a little pricier than SandMFarms at $35 to $38 a bag depending on starter layer grower but worth it if you can't find it anywhere else. Audrey Farm & Feed Vero Beach 772-567-4749 I know this is more south east than most of you but it might help someone. :)

I found a natural feed producer in Okeechobee Florida at $10.30/50lbs but is a long ride from Dade City where I am in. They said can't call it organic since not registered with FDA.
Thinking of going and getting 10 bags would probably add about $6 per bag. Anyone interested in checking them out here is email address [email protected]

Last edited:
I have found a producer of non GMO natural chicken feed. He is in Georgia but makes deliveries to Florida. Starter feed is about $22/50lbs Company is Kraut Creek Natural Feed.
They are in Camilla, Georgia. Ask for Merv and tell him Benji sent you 229-224-8666

There is a feed place in Georgia that sells non GMO feed for about $22/50lbs. It's Kraut-Creek Natural Feed. you can email them at [email protected]. Tell him Benji sent you. They make deliveries to Florida

I am in Escambia County, FL and have tried in vain to find a retailer that sells organic poultry feed that is GMO free. I have a couple of leads maybe on places that will order it or possibly even a feed producer that would make it - IF there were enough people interested to make it worthwhile. As I have called around several feedstore clerks have mentioned that I am not the only one calling and asking however I do not know but one or two other interested flock owners. If enough of us could get together I think we could convince a retailer at the very least to stock an organic brand.

So is anyone else out there in the region that is wanting to find poultry feed for layers or broilers that is gmo free and/or organic. Are you willing to pay the extra cost involved within reasonable limits?

Obviously, the more people interested the more likely we can secure a source and the less the cost will be.

Thanks,
Angela
You could try Tri-Co Hardware & Farm Supply in Laurel Hills. If you decide to check it out there's a livestock auction the first Saturday of each month nearby in Paxton. Sometimes it's fun and I've picked up duck eggs there to hatch for my wife.

I've heard of another that will mix the grains to the recipe you want in Chipola but need to try and find a contact.

Good luck.
Marty

Back
Top Bottom