organic way to get rid of worms

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by big red chicken, May 13, 2009.

1. big red chicken

big red chicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 18, 2009
    Greenville NC
    My chickens are 12 wks old and I have spoted little worms in there food and I'm sooooooooooo scared they have worms. what is the organic way of getting rid of worms?

2. tellynpeep

tellynpeep Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 4, 2008
    SW New Hampshire
    Worms in their food would not be intestinal parasites from the birds. Probably you have maggots or other grain pests in your food. I'd toss it and get fresh food.
    If you're worried about parasites, you can have a vet run a fecal sample to check for intestinal worms.

3. Glenda L Heywood

Glenda L Heywood Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2009
    I agree it is probably bad feed amd as it has been infected with the worms they have eaten all the nutrients out of the feed any way\\

if you ever have to worm the chickens you can take 1 gallon of dry crumbles amd add 3 tbsp of cauanne pepper and feed them this for two weeks and that should also get the worms from thewir body

it also is very good for coccidiosis cure

4. Schultz

Schultz CluckN'Crow Farm

Aug 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Quote:Thanks for posting this, I always wondered what the ratio was. I need to do this soon as it is time for their preventative. I would rather go natural than chemical!!

5. Glenda L Heywood

Glenda L Heywood Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2009
    some people use the cauanne pepper all the time it isn't that expensive but very good

they also use it for blackhead in turkeys

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by