Orlando Florida area- I have chicks for free!

Lisa_tinbath

Hatching
11 Years
Nov 11, 2008
Hi,
this is kind of bizarre, as I live in the suburbs, but my children and I found some baby birds on Friday by the road. We took them home, and have been feeding and caring for them, thinking they were wild birds that we could release when they could fly.

I was quite amazed when I realized a couple of days in that they were chickens! Now the question is: what do I do with them?
My husband and kids want to build a coop and keep them, but my homeowners association would freak!

My kids are ok with me giving them away, but said I have to have a promise that these chickens won't be eaten, just used for eggs.
smile.png

They are very healthy and extremely tame, since we have them in the house!

Any takers???

What color?Size? My guess is they are Broiler chicks that fell off a truck? How many? thanks Kari

Gosh, I have no idea what kind, but they are a golden brown color and are about 4 or 5 inches tall and the end of their wings are turning a darker brown or black color.

I too am guessing they fell off a truck, as we found them by a busy road.

Sounds like RIR maybe. Sorry I am on the GA border. Your WAY south of me. If you want to ship them up Express I could bring them to 4-H for a home. LEt me know, thanks Kari

Hi, I'm in Apokpka were 441 and 436 meet. I would be interested in them as well. Pm me if you do not work anything out with ladybug4ut1.

Back
Top Bottom