orloffer's Spoo Puppy thread! šŸ©

Pics
Thanks!
Ooh, what breed of dog do you have?
Golden Labrador (you guys call them yellow). He 6 1/2 and his name is Plato! :)
DE0DFD86-9CF6-428C-AB35-3AC74CA249E7.jpeg

I just went outside and did a short click and treat training session with each of my chickens, with a small stuffed toy dog nearby. Contrary to my expectations, Dominique, the biggest chook and flock leader, was the most afraid of the toy dog. She sounded her alarm call and wouldn't stop! I moved a bit further away from the toy (about 8 feet), then clicked her whenever she was quiet. Whitey, the CA White, is one of my flightiest chickens, but she was the least afraid. She could be a foot away from the toy with no problem. I can see that my chickens are not going to make the puppy-chicken introduction very easy. :barnie I will try again tomorrow.

I just went outside and did a short click and treat training session with each of my chickens, with a small stuffed toy dog nearby. Contrary to my expectations, Dominique, the biggest chook and flock leader, was the most afraid of the toy dog. She sounded her alarm call and wouldn't stop! I moved a bit further away from the toy (about 8 feet), then clicked her whenever she was quiet. Whitey, the CA White, is one of my flightiest chickens, but she was the least afraid. She could be a foot away from the toy with no problem. I can see that my chickens are not going to make the puppy-chicken introduction very easy. :barnie I will try again tomorrow.
Uhh those chickens sound like a laugh! :)
Did you say Dominique!!! :duc:eek: Pictures!!! I am currently dreaming with every sleeping moment of having a Dominique in my flock/life. I know theoddoneout has Doms but I didnā€™t know I could steal... I mean admire yours too! :):)

Uhh those chickens sound like a laugh! :)
Did you say Dominique!!! :duc:eek: Pictures!!! I am currently dreaming with every sleeping moment of having a Dominique in my flock/life. I know theoddoneout has Doms but I didnā€™t know I could steal... I mean admire yours too! :):)
I don't have any recent pictures of Dominique, but here is one from a while back.
1618195754009.png

And here is an even older picture of Dominique and Orloff:
1618195801380.png

Back
Top Bottom