Orpington Enthusiasts. New photos

bow.gif
love.gif
D.gif

Lovely lovely If only I could get some chicks from you!!

We have 6 Orps, our roo is a blue Splash,5 mos old and he's real pretty. Quite the "boss",,,,,,,funny too,,,,he's got long "eyebrows" We got two late in the game to replace 2 cockerals, they too were great looking birds. The latest little black one, she's "Blue's" favorite now. hens are 10-12 weeks.

Quote:
LOL, I agree... Great bunch of young birds. Just like potatoe chips, hard to have just one. Youve done such a good job with these birds. Big ol fluff balls. I think they are one of the foundation birds of the australorps.

Thanks, I agree, can't have just one. I am working on a mottled Orp project which is slow but I am making a little progress. Here is a photo of Big Mama, she is a huge girl who finally started getting her mottling after the first molt. She has put on more color for the last month or so. Still have so far to go.
http://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y250/KeenerB/BAMA Orps/?action=view&current=002-3.jpg
005.jpg

Here is a four month old offspring with mottling already but has yellow feet. Not good.
012-2.jpg

3 month old with to much White
011-1.jpg

Yes, I am just hoping it is a pullet and not a cockerel. I have some good ones to pick from to breed together this year and i hope by Spring I have some definite mottles with everything on them and type I am looking for. If not maybe next year for sure.

Back
Top Bottom