Orpington Thread

Quote:
My goodness those are some very nice birds, and alot of pics on your page!
big_smile.png

Quote:
My goodness those are some very nice birds, and alot of pics on your page!
big_smile.png

Thanks, there's alot of folks who have them here on BYC, and there is room for one more Orp thread and those who want to learn from others misbreedings.

There are never too many Orpington threads !! I'll show off my blues and blacks on any thread I can
lol.png
big_smile.png

Here are a few pictures of my Blue and Black Orpingtons. Sorry there are so many, I get carried away
lol.png

WinstonandMinerva05-01-10.jpg

Funinthestraw05-01-10.jpg

Minerva103-10-10-1.jpg

ClementineandMinerva03-10-10.jpg

MinervaandMatilda02-20-10.jpg

Clementine03-10-10.jpg

Clementine903-10-10.jpg

WinstonandMinerva03-10-10.jpg

WinstonClementineBlossomJewel01-07-.jpg

WinstonandClementine01-07-2010.jpg

So, here's a potentially stupid question. And before I ask this, I realize as far as breeding goes we shouldn't do things just because its fun, but instead we should be breeding to improve the breed, but here ya go. How feasible is it to do a BLRO? I think a blue laced red orpington might be cool
big_smile.png
ever since I saw the BLRW I have just fallen in love with the BLR coloring. Just a thought, and I know, not a very good one. But still, what do ya'll think?

Matthew Ryan

Quote:
I am sure you will get alot of folks liking that idea. I am full up to my ears with potential project ideas. And had heard someone saying that was on their idea list. I wouldn't dare to think how to get started with that one.

Last edited:
Here is one of the more loved mixed breeds boys on BYC. I posted pics of him on the other Orp thread, and had such great reviews, it is time to show a BUS pic for this year. ONLY other BUS pics ever seen was when he was a pup at 7 months ole.
Now the girls are REAL Orpintons who I was told are not worth using. Which means:
LET THE BUS RUN THEM OVER!!!!

Recently rummors has THE BUS being called JURASSIC ORP in some foreign country. Just rummors. Told to me by a trustworthy Orp fan and East coast friend. lolololol

The BUS as seen today with his girls
Nuttin too special about him. No one needs to get all worried. Just a growing boy.

388696478.jpg

388696481.jpg

388696482.jpg

Oh yeah, he is my very first hatched from my Akers girls and he is a special boy to me.
388696483.jpg

Last edited:
smile.png
I just put my 9 girls to bed. I've loved all of your pictures. Two of my girls are broody no matter how I discourage them. The rest go running out of the house each morning, but those 2 just want to sit on the already laid eggs...

This is my first batch of chickens in a while, and I knew that Orps were broody, but this is ridiculous- I think they'd almost starve and die of thirst before they'd leave the nest.

I'm almost ready to get them a rooster and let them hatch a batch! If I could get ahold of one of your good looking Orp Roos, there'd be no question... but I'm pretty much on my own here.

Personal Ad:
My girls love warm days, plenty of scraps, especially fruit, sitting on the lounge chair with me, the dog (standing on him) lightening bugs, ghost in the graveyard and scratch.
Looking for a fun loving-guy with a sense of romance, must be good-looking and even-tempered. If you're willing, there can be a way...
tongue.png

Back
Top Bottom