Orust chickens doing great !!!

Eps32

Songster
Dec 22, 2015
North Carolina
Well great :) do you worry about hawks though?
I've hade a few problems but I locked them up for a week afterwards. And my two main roosters alert everyone now and they all run in the coop. The last hawk I caught in the act and my Orust male achilles was attacking the hawk while it was trying to kill a hen and it flew off so I got lucky. But these Orust Roos will die for there hens.

Eps32

Songster
Dec 22, 2015
North Carolina
Now the premier one fencing was a little more expensive but worth every penny. People in the country can't seem to keep there dogs in there own yard. I had a pit bull attack three weeks ago lost 20 hens. Now I've switched all runs to electric and put electric wire around my whole pasture.

h2oratt

Crossing the Road
5 Years
May 3, 2015
Morada, california
I built that coop for like 45 bucks. I had extra two by fours and plywood. I just had to buy the hard ware cloth and the metal roofing.
Oops sorry I was thinking premier one was like dog panel fencing. I have been looking at the premier one fencing What setup did you get?

Eps32

Songster
Dec 22, 2015
North Carolina
Oops sorry I was thinking premier one was like dog panel fencing. I have been looking at the premier one fencing What setup did you get?
I got the starter kit comes with a solar charger that can do 5 rolls of 100 foot fencing I believe I also bought 5 extra rolls and two 95 dollar charger that can be plugged in or hooked to a car battery

Top Bottom