Orust chickens doing great !!!

Eps32

Songster
Dec 22, 2015
North Carolina
Took down the old run and put up premier one run to keep stray dogs out just incase. Oh on another note 5 day old peachicks doing great as well good spring so far!!

Attachments

• IMG_2305.JPG
    IMG_2305.JPG
    434.9 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_2306.JPG
    IMG_2306.JPG
    743.9 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_2498.JPG
    IMG_2498.JPG
    635.5 KB · Views: 8
Well great :) do you worry about hawks though?
I've hade a few problems but I locked them up for a week afterwards. And my two main roosters alert everyone now and they all run in the coop. The last hawk I caught in the act and my Orust male achilles was attacking the hawk while it was trying to kill a hen and it flew off so I got lucky. But these Orust Roos will die for there hens.

Now the premier one fencing was a little more expensive but worth every penny. People in the country can't seem to keep there dogs in there own yard. I had a pit bull attack three weeks ago lost 20 hens. Now I've switched all runs to electric and put electric wire around my whole pasture.

I built that coop for like 45 bucks. I had extra two by fours and plywood. I just had to buy the hard ware cloth and the metal roofing.
Oops sorry I was thinking premier one was like dog panel fencing. I have been looking at the premier one fencing What setup did you get?

Oops sorry I was thinking premier one was like dog panel fencing. I have been looking at the premier one fencing What setup did you get?
I got the starter kit comes with a solar charger that can do 5 rolls of 100 foot fencing I believe I also bought 5 extra rolls and two 95 dollar charger that can be plugged in or hooked to a car battery

Back
Top Bottom