1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

OT: King Tutankhamun.

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by SpottedCrow, Apr 15, 2007.

1. SpottedCrow

SpottedCrow Flock Goddess

Who's been?
    Who's going?!
    I'm going on August 1st. We're driving down to Philly.
    I tried runing away from home when he came way way back in 78. he was at the Met then...
    This time the Met didn't bite because it's a seperate fee for the museum and the King. bummer
    Think I'm excited?! Nahhh!!!

[​IMG]

2. Jimagination

Jimagination Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 17, 2007
    Lancaster, PA
    As a teacher with a history concentration, you bet I am going to be there! And I am taking my three boys, too. I have debunk the tutenstein cartoon![​IMG]

3. SpottedCrow

I forgot about Tutenstein...OY!!!
    Don't forget the Mummy either...

4. Kelly FG

Kelly FG Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2007
    Ridge
    I saw it in NYC when I was a child...I still remember it!

5. SpottedCrow

I really hope that they let cameras in...I'll be so upset if I can't fill that digital camera memory card up there.[​IMG]

6. Picco

Picco Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2007
    NY
    I went two weeks ago. It was amazing. They don't allow any photos and are really strict about it. I thought the mummy and the sarcophagus would be there but they are not, but there are plenty of other cool things. every thing is GOLD, I mean lots and lots of gold. At first I was disappointed because the first few rooms are full of artifacts that aren't from Tut and are cool and all, just not that spectacular - but the good stuff is all at the end. The last few rooms you will enter are full of Tut artifacts and are amazing.

7. chickbea

chickbea Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 18, 2007
    Vermont
    I saw it in Chicago when I was a kid - absolutely amazing!

8. MoonGoddess

MoonGoddess Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2007
    Philly, PA
    I still haven't been. I'll totally go with you guys. My oldest three will love to go...I'll see if I can't get a babysitter for my two year old.

9. SpottedCrow

No Pictures!!![​IMG]
    Betcha they're makin' a mint on the photos that they sell though...:thun
    Hafta make a Tutankhamun shirt for all of us before we go...LOL
    We're probably gonna stay at the Travelodge across from the Convention Centre. Not a great neighbourhood, but it's cheap and we'll be out most of the time anyways...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by