OT: YouTube hatching videos

Yeah, if you read that one, you will understand why I give Amy so much grief. I'm not really this mean
wink.png
We need a Pinochio emoticon...wait a minute:

He really is that mean!!! lmao

I understand that she is spraying them down in the video (humidity) but I have the same incubator and if I left it open like that I think the new babies would get cold, especially because they are wet!

Yeah, I'd be afraid of them getting chilled too, but maybe it's exceptionally warm there.
idunno.gif

Please watch the last 6 mins of this video...she just picks open the shell and pulls him out!...
Ok. For one thing, this chick did not do a true "zip" and the membranes were starting to dry out. It looked more like she had made the whole to begin with. My son was watching it with me and this was his reaction, (and he's only 7). "What is she doing?....We don't do that! Don't do it her way mom...... We don't even usually help, well, we play chick's chirping for them, but don't do that!" And that is my little chicken hatcher's opinion...lol

Yeah, I'd be afraid of them getting chilled too, but maybe it's exceptionally warm there. :idunno
Ok. For one thing, this chick did not do a true "zip" and the membranes were starting to dry out. It looked more like she had made the whole to begin with. My son was watching it with me and this was his reaction, (and he's only 7). "What is she doing?....We don't do that! Don't do it her way mom...... We don't even usually help, well, we play chick's chirping for them, but don't do that!"  And that is my little chicken hatcher's opinion...lol
Lol! I was gonna write this to begin with but it was too much typing. My 7 & 9 year olds were the ones to first find these hatching videos. They've watched tons of them in preparation for our initial hatch. Well when lockdown and hatch came, I explained not opening up the incubator, not rushing the chicks out of their shell, etc. Then all I heard from them was "well, on this video the lid was open, on this video the mom helped the babies out of the shells, on this video 2 babies hatch from one egg, on this video...yada, yada". At least, your little hatcher got to see mom setting the protocols first! Not the other way around! ;)

Lol! I was gonna write this to begin with but it was too much typing. My 7 & 9 year olds were the ones to first find these hatching videos. They've watched tons of them in preparation for our initial hatch. Well when lockdown and hatch came, I explained not opening up the incubator, not rushing the chicks out of their shell, etc. Then all I heard from them was "well, on this video the lid was open, on this video the mom helped the babies out of the shells, on this video 2 babies hatch from one egg, on this video...yada, yada". At least, your little hatcher got to see mom setting the protocols first! Not the other way around!
wink.png
LOL. It makes a big difference wether you see the right way or the wrong way first...lol

Back
Top Bottom