Other people chickens getting sick

Best thing to do is keep those people away from your flock. Also stay away from those flocks that are infected. The transmission of whatever the sickness is ,,,,, likely/possibly spread by people on their clothes, and shoes.

Best preventive I would think,,, is to provide good nutrition if possible. I know you may have limited resources where you are at.

WISHING YOU BEST,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, :highfive:

Best thing to do is keep those people away from your flock. Also stay away from those flocks that are infected. The transmission of whatever the sickness is ,,,,, likely/possibly spread by people on their clothes, and shoes.

Best preventive I would think,,, is to provide good nutrition if possible. I know you may have limited resources where you are at.

WISHING YOU BEST,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, :highfive:
Thank you

I think my neighbors chicken are dealing with coccidiosis

If it is Coccidiosis, the best prevention is to keep their area dry. The problem with Coccidiosis is not that they have the bug that causes it but that the numbers get out of hand. Their system becomes overwhelmed with those bugs. In my opinion, having a few of those bugs in their system is a good thing, after two or three weeks they develop an immunity. But if the numbers become overwhelming before they develop immunity it can kill them.

That bug really thrives in wet conditions, especially with chicken poop in it. That can be bedding in a brooder, a wet coop or run, or dirty water. So if you can keep water clean and their conditions dry you will usually be OK. I feed my baby chicks in the brooder dirt from the run to introduce Coccidosis so they can develop that immunity before they hit the ground and become exposed to it. I also keep my brooder really dry. Still, you need to watch for the symptoms and be ready to treat. Corid, a medicine with Amprolium as the active ingredient, is a common treatment.

If it is something other than Coccidiosis you really need to know what it is before you treat for anything. It doesn't do any good to worm them if the problem is a bacterial infection. The best preventative is biosecurity, try to keep your chickens isolated from them and don't transmit anything on your clothing, especially shoes. That is often easier said than done.

Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom