Other Pets & Livestock Database

Name: Hedgehog
Experience Needed:
Not to much experiance, but you need to do your research first.
Temperament: Depends. Most are very freindly. Some can be huffy and grumpy, especially when woken up in the day.
Colors: Pinto, grey, brown, apricot, albino, snowflake...and many other.
Diet: Good quality cat food or hedgehog food.
Environment: They need a temperature of 72-75. A good sized cage, and taken out to play for at least thirty minuites each day. They need toys, a wheel, and an igloo to sleep in.
Family: In my experiance they are good as family pets, even with small children, but it depends on the child.

Great Profile StarLover21
thumbsup.gif

Shiba Inu, a small Japanese breed. Not for an inexperienced dog owner. Very intelligent, not always so easy to train. Can climb, can be dog aggressive not outside dogs. Not to be trusted off lead, high prey drive. With proper socialization and strict training, can be a great dog. I have a house full of them but would not recommend them to most people. Life span with proper care and training 14 - 17 years. Oldest I know is over 17 yrs, my oldest reached 16 1/2 yrs. I used to show, breed and foster/rescue this breed. I have owned several for almost 20 years, since before AKC recognized the breed. Knew the lady that wrote the AKC standard and one of her dogs was the cover of the AKC Gazette when they breed was accepted. That dog was also the sire to some of my own dogs. Does have a few health issues to watch for. Any questions please feel free to PM me.

Last edited:
Wolf Hybred

Adopted this sweet boy when he was 10 yrs old, owner could not care for him and his buddy any longer. Had to let him go last year so had him for 2 years. He loved the cold and snow. Not something I'd recommend to everyone, requires special attention to gain trust. He was one of my favorites.

Need a job to do to keep them busy or they can be destructive. Have owned 5 of them, still have 2. Life span we have seen is 14 - 15 1/2 years with ours.

Last edited:
Great Profiles CatKai. Glad to hear from another Wolf Dog lover
thumbsup.gif

I volunteered for years to rescue ferrets from unprepared owners- We've had as many as 30 at a time. They should never be left unattended outside of their pens. They have a knack for complete destruction of plants, shoes and anything that can be knocked over or off of high places (the higher the better!!). You haven't seen pure joy until you see a ferret getting into trouble. They love it! They are the most loveable and frustrating pet at the same time. Never a dull moment. Fortunately, they sleep a great deal of the time so you have a chance to repair the damage before you let them out again!!!

Back
Top Bottom