other things I'm working on

western edge

Songster
Apr 5, 2010
Edge of the Bakken
53185_003.jpg

53185_002.jpg

53185_004.jpg

maybe this should be on BYG. Oh well. This keeps my mind on springtime. Testing the germination of the seeds saved from my heirloom garden. Pointsett 76 and Muncher cucs, Black Krim, Red Brandywine and Green Zebra tomatoes and Buttercrunch lettice. Also working on: Golden Bantum sweet corn, Country Gentilman corn, Contender bush beans, Kentuky Wonder yellow pole beans, Little Marvel peas, Moon n Stars and Sugerbaby melons, Green Zucchini , Nantes and Danver carrots, Copenhagen Market cabbage, Bullsblood and Chioggia beets, Jupiter green peppers and strawberry, rubarb and horseradish plants and roots.

Last edited:
Quote:
The heirloom plants are kinda hard to find at the nurseries. People want the hybrid plants is what one nursery owner told me. Easier to grow, more prolific and disease resistant. Although you can order seeds and start them yourself, I started looking too late last season and ended up finding a single ( overgrown ) plant and payed 11 dollars for it. I must have wanted it bad. Turned out real good. lots of delicious tomatoes and many seeds saved. Germination is VERY good. Maybe I could send you some or trade for seeds you may have saved. Hey Mandy do you still raise the RIW's? I ordered some hatching eggs from you last season. Between the post office (crushed box) and an inexperienced hatcher, it turned out bad. My bad.

Back
Top Bottom