Ouch That hurt!!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by pamperedpoultry, Jun 9, 2009.

1. Beau coop

Beau coop Songster

May 19, 2008
    WNY
    You can get "non-adherent pads" at the drugstore. They are made of a special material that will not stick to wounds. Cut that to size and tape in place when you have to keep the nail bed covered.

2. pamperedpoultry

pamperedpoultry CHICKENFIED

Jan 28, 2009
    (south West) Virginia
    Quote:I'll have to check that out, Thanks [​IMG]

3. ILOVEFRIZZLES

ILOVEFRIZZLES Red Roof Hens

Feb 2, 2009
    Hamilton Ga
    tell you like i tell my daughter no flipper flopper in the horse barn. lol
    I know that hurt my horse did that one time and would not get off my toe i was pushing and hinting him and he was just standing. my toes nail fill off in a couple of day and i had on boots.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2009
  4. pamperedpoultry

pamperedpoultry CHICKENFIED

Jan 28, 2009
    (south West) Virginia
    Quote:Had that to happen before~ again in flip flops~ LOL toe nail turned black but never fell off. This time the horse was turning when he stepped on it and it twisted..

5. ams3651

ams3651 Songster

Jan 23, 2008
    NE PA
    my great aunt had her foot messed up very badly while wearing sandals taking in her horses. So bad she got rid of the horses. It will take several months for the nail to grow back, it may look a little different but if you give your toe some air while in the house it will toughen up. My 6 year old just grew a nail back in record time, about 3 months but for us adults it will take much longer.

6. cherrychicken

cherrychicken Songster

Jul 7, 2008
    Santa Fe, New Mexico
    Quote:oooh the thought of a shoe..I've been keeping it covered with the gauze pretty good, I can't get my foot into nothing but a flip flop that dosen't make it rub. I thought I kinda need to let it air when I'm at home and don't plan on moving around much. I sure don't want an infection. My DH got a staph infection last year from the lake. That was not a fun adventure at all!

Ouch! Yah, try to just make sure that your foot is covered and protected.

7. Hi!
    Ouch is right! I'd spray it with Blu-Kote and stick a bandage on it. Some of that analgesic (is that the right spelling) antibiotic ointment will be beneficial.
    Hope it feels better soon.
    [​IMG]
    Lisa

8. monarc23

monarc23 Coturnix Obsessed

Jul 18, 2008
    Indiana, Pennsylvania
    ouch ouch ouch! I would have passed out in the paddock!!!

9. gaited horse

gaited horse Merry Christmas!

Aug 14, 2008
    Fernley, NV
    thats why I always were boots

Last edited: Jun 9, 2009
  10. mjdtexan

mjdtexan Songster

Sep 30, 2008
    Houston(ish)
    Silly, you know better than to be around horses/cattle in flip flops. Tennis shoes are better than nothing.

I hope your toe heals fine and quickly. I would hate to see you get toelio (toeleo?)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: