Ouch. That hurt

Rhett&SarahsMom

Songster
11 Years
May 8, 2008
So we(my dh and I) went to the Haunted Mansion Friday night.
We parked, walked to the ticket booth and waited in line.
Yes we were the oldest people in the line. And I knew we would be older than most. It was Friday night after all. All the teens and pre teens were out and uhmmm dressed to impress?
I seriously do not get the butt hanging out with the jeans belted at the knees. Anyway.
Got out tickets and went to wait in the BIG line to get into the haunted house. We were surrounded by cheerleaders from surrounding towns and high schools(who spontaneously broke into a cheering battle now and then. After the 5th cheer it got old.) Some foot ball players. A few teen couples that I was hoping used birth control on a regular basis *Just WOW on that. I mean really Get a room. Or go back to your car* And what looked like a few actual gangs. Which explained the presence of the police this year.

They split the group of 8 kids in front of us into two groups of 4 and sent us with the second group. Which always happens, not a problem. So in we went.
The kids (who were really obnoxious in line) were extremely polite. The boy at the back of the group was calling back to us in the dark about strange footing and such(one boy leading the two girls in the middle and one boy in the back,, then us.)
Then we entered one room that was set as a kitchen of a house. It was disgusting, but hey.. it's supposed to be scary. Anyway. The man in the room called me "mama" twice. I didnt think anything of it. Until later.

He thought I was the MOM of one of the kids we were with! They were at least 14! GACK. I have a 6 year old!!
But then again I stared late. And if my first pregnancy, with my first husband had been viable(miscarriage at 2 months) in 1992 I would have a *gasp* 16 year old now.
So it is indeed a possibility that one of those kids could have been mine. WOW. It was a big slap of reality. BIG!!!

I am still not sure how "this" happened. This being the WOW I am old enough to be the mom of a teen that would soon be driving. Ack Ack Ack. And that I will be nearly 50 when my daughter gets her license. ACK
When did I get "old"?

I am not old by any means. I am 42. My youngest DS is 2. My oldest DD is 21. People often wonder if she is my baby sister.
big_smile.png

I hear ya!

I have been at my job for over 20 years. Started in '88.

I get to enter new employees into the payroll system.
Name
Social Sec #
address
phone
hire date
birth date

what?
1992?
th.gif

I realised last week that at 33 I could actually be a grandmother. If I'd had a baby in my teens and that child did the same----I'd be a grandmother!!!!! It all started when the part time help at work (18) stated that her mother is 37. 4 years older than ME!!!! When did I get old and why won't it stop?
barnie.gif

I'm with you! I had a "lordy, I'm getting old" moment a couple days ago. I was surrounded by 20-somethings who were discussing their last weekend out and the fact that one of them had now been married for *gasp*, six years! Geez... I need to find a contract gig that puts me with people my own age, lol.

*I evaluate afterschool programs several times a year for this company, and the other people were the other evaluators. I don't think any of them have kids, lol.

I get the feel old feeling! I have twin boys that are twenty yrs old!!! They are causing my grey hair!!!
I also have a 6 yr old.
I will be 50 when he starts driving also!!! Yikes!
At least people think I'm 15 years younger than I truly am!
Brenda

* Weird for me, too because I'm "just" 5O and my oldest will be 27 next month!! And, get this just like 2-3 years ago some clerk HALF my age at a conveniece store CARDED ME FOR THE FIRST TIME IN MY LIFE!!! LOL, lOl! And I didn't have my ID on me! Weird. I could believe she couldn't believe I was almost 5O!!

I am 37 years young. Our oldest is 17 and Our youngest is 9. I will consider myself old when our youngest has her 5th child.
lau.gif
told you I was young.
smile.png

Ouch! I'm in the same boat. Until last year, I taught "adults" (18- 7?). It hit hard when a few of the youngsters told me how old their moms were (younger than me!) I'm 44 for cryin' out loud, and dd just turned 11! I think I'm the oldest mom on the street - ugh. I feel your pain sister!

I'm old. I've kind of gotten over it. Life goes on. And on. If you're lucky.

I'm married. And I have been married for a very long time. To a man that is old too. A geezer guy. I kind of think that makes the whole getting older thing easier.

Back
Top Bottom