OUCH!!!! Yep

Discussion in 'Predators and Pests' started by cmcgoun, Jul 13, 2008.

1. cmcgoun

cmcgoun Chillin' With My Peeps

Well theres a underground hornets nest next to my coop that dosent have birds in it yet, but I am building it and one of the buggers came out and stung me! I was mad as H*LL so I ran in and got a rake and bug killer. Well lets just say five minutes later I was mad as heck and so were the bees! I was stung over 15 times, so tonight I am going out with soapy water and pouring it down their little hive! (I took this idea from a fellow BYC'er) Well I need some advil see ya later!

2. SpottedCrow

SpottedCrow Flock Goddess

Youch! is right...dang...

3. robinaggie

robinaggie Flew the Coop

May 25, 2008
    Texas
    Yikes!! Are you running a fever from the stings? [​IMG]

4. Hangin Wit My Peeps

Hangin Wit My Peeps AutumnBreezeChickens.com

Apr 20, 2008
    Birnamwood, Wisconsin
    Maybe the chickens would like to eat them? And when I first read your post I was thinking "birds in a bee hive"? [​IMG] [​IMG] Then I read one....here I was all set to give you a hard time about that! [​IMG]

5. Darin115

Darin115 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2008
    Asheboro, NC
    I misread your post. I thought you were going to go to a above ground nest and try the soapy water method. That would not work.

It will do the trick on bees underground. Just make up enough to fill the hole up. DO not leave an air space. Fill it up. I generally make up a few gallons before I start pouring.

Darin

Last edited: Jul 13, 2008
  6. cmcgoun

cmcgoun Chillin' With My Peeps

Haha, yea I dont have a fever luckily I'm not highly allergic! Yea I will mix up 5 gallons because its a big colony at least 1000 inhabitants!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by