Our Babies Died a Terrible Death

Pics
Hard to believe you were arrested for shooting a dog that killed your chickens.This story should terrify people who would do the same to defend their chickens .I do hope you are okay! God bless!
I do not blame you for killing a chicken killer. I have the opposite problem- I own a chicken killer. Penny just dug under my privacy fence and killed two of the neighbors chickens. They were understanding when their chicken flew into our yard and was killed. Not so understanding about my dog digging into their yard to kill their flock. I would not have blamed them if they had shot her, much as I love her. Am gonna put a foot of wire barrier across the ground along the fence line, maybe that will stop her. I put capstones all along one side of the fence, maybe the wire will be a deterent to digging. Haven't got any more capstones or any more ideas.

I do not blame you for killing a chicken killer. I have the opposite problem- I own a chicken killer. Penny just dug under my privacy fence and killed two of the neighbors chickens. They were understanding when their chicken flew into our yard and was killed. Not so understanding about my dog digging into their yard to kill their flock. I would not have blamed them if they had shot her, much as I love her. Am gonna put a foot of wire barrier across the ground along the fence line, maybe that will stop her. I put capstones all along one side of the fence, maybe the wire will be a deterent to digging. Haven't got any more capstones or any more ideas.
Install hot wire (top and bottom) and her interest in the neighbour's chickens will immediately stop, once she gets in touch with it.

Use chicken wire and landscape staples to pen it down on the ground around the inside of the fence. It will hurt her feet if she tries to dig a hole. She'll be much harder to keep in now that she's killed the chickens sorry. You might cut some young saplings and lay them down around the fence after cutting limbs off.

Use chicken wire and landscape staples to pen it down on the ground around the inside of the fence. It will hurt her feet if she tries to dig a hole. She'll be much harder to keep in now that she's killed the chickens sorry. You might cut some young saplings and lay them down around the fence after cutting limbs off.
When I put up a new fence a couple years ago, I paid a guy to staple chicken wire to the fence and dig the bottom of it down into the ground- he apparently stapled the wire, but did not put it in the ground- now I get to fix it- grrr.
I did this and she was mad and pouted all day, but the neighbors are safe.

When I put up a new fence a couple years ago, I paid a guy to staple chicken wire to the fence and dig the bottom of it down into the ground- he apparently stapled the wire, but did not put it in the ground- now I get to fix it- grrr.

I did this and she was mad and pouted all day, but the neighbors are safe.
Glad you got it fixed and she can't get underneath the fence! Its normal for her to be upset with you because you outsmarted her. Good job!

Back
Top Bottom