Our Camera Shy Button Quail ~

Hi Everyone!
I'm so sorry I've been away! Our modem died last monday and we just got a new one yesterday! Boy the catching up to do!

Thank you all for your kind words!

Hi Missi!
Our eggs got here Wed. and all seems to be going good ! It's a brand new bator, first use.
We went to a bird show/sale today and found her a great looking male! I'm so excited she doesn't have to wait for the eggs to hatch! lol.

Also got a new Pacific Parottlet!

Animal~ I'm not sure of the color. I think Cinnamon, but waiting for the final word. lol... I have a few new updated pics. Caught her off guard with the zoom!
gig.gif

Shelly~ Hi! So she's not normal? Is that good or bad. LOL! I love her color and already named her Cinnabutton, so I hope she's a cinnamon. lol...

Tinytots~ I was thinking the same as you for her color. It's exasperating learning the colors
th.gif

lol.png

O.K.
Here are some updated pics of her taken tonight~
It took forever! The goofy Cots kept putting their face in the camera!
gig.gif

100_5620.jpg

100_5618.jpg

And her new Mate~
A Black face Red Breasted?

Just got him today!

100_5627.jpg

100_5625.jpg

Quote:
Thank you!
hugs.gif

I'm excited to know I'm slowly learning!
ya.gif
LOL! gosh, I was looking at your web site last night and there are a few new colors added I hadn't seen before! So many with these little darlings!

But were still a little unsure of our female.. Is she just Cinnamon or is she Cinnamon Red breasted?

I thought I had read somewhere here at BYC that all Cinnamon are Red Breasted.

I can't wait to introduce the male to the female.

I know they should be quarantined for awhile, but does that still apply if the bird came from someone you know and trust?

As I mentioned to you, this quail came from someone who used to Own a pet shop here that bought all my birds from me. I know his birds are good and healthy.

I wouldn't say all cinnamon are red breasted because you dOnt know all the colors they carry. Even a slight pearl mutation can cause barring. I always considered red breasted cinnamon females really red almost looking like a scarlet or red range coturnix red. It's safe to say she is a cinnamon. It's like all the silver combos. It's really hard to get a good specimen of the color at times.

As for quarantine, I recommend it for at least a month. The bird may be healthy but it was exposed at the show.

True about the colors, not knowing what's behind them. I find it all fascinating! There's so much to learn! Not just my quail, but my hook bills and soft bills too!

One thing I love about the buttons is the rainbow of colors, reminds me of our little parakeets. You never know what will be in that egg!
lol.png

Our parakeets just laid their first egg and my son wanted to take it and put it in the bator!
gig.gif

I told him it was fine where it was! LOL!

Good point about the show.

Button Quail and a Parottlet were the 2 main birds I was looking for at the show. We walked in and hubby see's a stack of Button Quail cages, and then he says "Hey, that's Phil"! lol... It was nice getting to catch up with an old friend.

Quote:
lau.gif
It may be pushing it Missi...

The little stinkers don't sit still! LOL!

Thanks,
I'm very excited about the new birds!

I love the black face on the Button! And his rust color is rich.
love.gif

I think he will be a nice match for Cinnabutton.

The Parrotlet is Blue! to go with our Green male,
and we got some Birds Called Rosy Bourkes, grasskeets, and they are Flamingo Pink!

I'll share some pics a little later.

Just when you think it's safe and you have her color figured out, along comes Shelly!
lau.gif
(jk)

This is interesting! To me she looks like what we always called "Fawn" in our doves we raised. But I find the idea of Silver in her interesting too!

What a great, never ending learning experience!

I think I will get a ton of ink and start printing pics and start me a ref. journal! I really hate having to find things on the puter. lol...

I will see if Hubby or my son can help me get some real good pics of her in my hands. I just can't work around those Coturnix! They are little hams!!!
gig.gif
Or I'll try and put her in a travel cage.

I really appreciate all the help from both of you!
hugs.gif

And many others here too i'm sure appreciate it!

OH!! The male has been cooing and crowing!
love.gif
It is so cute !!! The first we heard it last night was a surprise out of no where! LOL!
And it's driving our dogs nuts. They run to try and figure it out.
gig.gif

Back
Top Bottom