Our cat passed away tonight.

hugs.gif
It is so hard to say goodbye to our family members who happen to share different DNA from ours. Many years ago, when (at the time my only cat) my cat Freeway died, my veterinary office sent a card with a beautiful sentiment. I can't remember exactly how it was phrased, but it was something to this effect: "We who choose to surround ourselves with lives even more finite than our own suffer grief at their loss. Nevertheless, we would not have it any other way." I've thought of that many times since then, and I still agree with it now. We lost our 19 3/4 y.o. cat a year ago in October. Our oldest baby right now is 18 yrs., 5 mos. and has that frail, thin "old cat" look about her. I know she won't be here forever, and my heart aches when I think of the loss of any of my babies, but I am so thankful for the time I have with them, and for the blessing and joy they bring to my life. It has to suffice to know that I've done the best I can for them, and they have lived (for whatever length of time they've had), loved, and have been loved. Again, I empathize with your heartache.
hugs.gif
to you and your family. Comfort your hearts with memories of the wonderful times you've shared.

I am so very sorry!!
hit.gif
It brings back emotions from loosing my own. I lost my kitty of 13 years just a few short months ago.. I got him at 6 weeks of age right after I lost my brother in an auto accident. He was my sanity during those next few months. I named him Buddy, because he was my buddy. He would be waiting for me at the door when I got home from work. And at night he would sleep curled up to me in my arm pit with one paw on my face. He was the best kitty I had ever had! Then in a turn of irony, he passed away 2 months after my mom died. I like to think that he went ahead to make sure my brother and my mom had their very own "Buddy" in heaven. It is never easy to loose such an important part of our lives, no matter how many feet they may walk on. Who knows, maybe my Buddy and your Socs, are looking down on us bragging to each other about how great their handlers were!!

Last edited:
So sorry! I am dealing with a old dog right now who's hips and knees are not getting any better. He's been my bestest friend for 10 years and the thought of losing him sooner than later just kills me. My heart goes out to you and your family.

Back
Top Bottom