Our cat passed away tonight.

So very sorry for your loss. Breaks my heart all over again, thinking about how I felt losing my best guy (who looked much like your Socs, tho Tux was longer haired) at 15 a couple years ago. We've had and lost other pets, but he was my boy. I still miss him. So very hard to lose a friend and family member. Just remember the good times and how great it was to have him around for so long.

The quote mentioned in an above post is from Irving Townsend:

"We who choose to surround ourselves
with lives even more temporary than our
own, live within a fragile circle;
easily and often breached.
Unable to accept its awful gaps,
we would still live no other way.
We cherish memory as the only
certain immortality, never fully
understanding the necessary plan."

sorry to here about your cat
hit.gif

We know your heart is hurting,.like so many have posted,..we've been there too. I lost Splat after 18 years. He was apart of your life for a long time ,.Socs looks like he was a fat, happy cat.

terrilhb,.. I am so glad that your kitty had such a good life.
hugs.gif

Rainbow Bridge

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.
There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.
There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.
The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...

hugs.gif

Bless your heart,, i have lost many old fury friends threw the years and i know what your heart is going threw.
hit.gif

Sometimes it would be so easy if life had a remote so we could fast foward threw these sad times.

Back
Top Bottom