Our chickens have had bad things happen (2 Silver laced wyandotte)

"The fact that the second hen is having the same symptoms is not good. It is not a coincidence that two hens are sick with the same symptoms. This is something infectious, and the rest of the flock can be at risk.

If you are not experienced at treating your flock for illness, you should seek the help of a veterinarian. Find a vet that will help you figure out what is going on with your chickens. Or, you could take a chance with BYC member advice for treatment.

At this point if it is something infectious, the rest of the flock have been exposed. The sick chickens have coughed, drank water and pooped in the same area."

Is what someone said to me.
I of course could be wrong but I'm giving my best advise based on what you have told me. I believe it to be sour crop or impacted crop. Are there any eye bubble, drainage from the eyes, nose or mouth, bloody poop, paralysis, weightloss, or any other symptoms?

Then I'm sticking with my original answer. Sometimes 2 chickens will get the same problem. I had 2 who had bumblefoot at the exact same time while the other 12 didnt. Bumblefoot isnt contagious. It just happens sometimes.
Okay so let's hope its not bad. If it is I will contact YOU directly.

Okay so let's hope its not bad. If it is I will contact YOU directly.
I'm not an expert. Which is why I linked the articles on how to treat sour crop and impacted crop. Based on your description I am giving my best GUESS. With no other symptoms present I can't think of anything else it would be. But like I said before, even though it's not the worst case scenario, it needs to be take care of or it can in fact kill the sick birds.

I'm not an expert. Which is why I linked the articles on how to treat sour crop and impacted crop. Based on your description I am giving my best GUESS. With no other symptoms present I can't think of anything else it would be. But like I said before, even though it's not the worst case scenario, it needs to be take care of or it can in fact kill the sick birds.
Thank you! What do I do with the one that is coughing?

Im not sure but on her neck, its bald and it has little pin feathers but that is it.
20210326_100330.jpg

Back
Top Bottom