Our Coco has died and we don't know what the reason is!

doghamstyluv95

Songster
12 Years
Apr 28, 2007
Our roo Coco has sadly passed away today
sad.png
We have no clue what the reason is. There was no blood or anything to suggest a predator has gotten in. He was perfectly healthy today and cockadoodledooing away but when we came to put the chickens to bed, he wasn't there so we went into their run and he was lying in the dirt dead
hit.gif
My dad has a theory that maybe he choked on something because he seemed to have a choking problem before. I really hope he wasn't sick with something contagious because I can't bear losing our hens and our bantam roo. Coco was really aggressive to us but I loved him anyway and he was soo nice to our hens. He would always feed them before himself. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what to do or what caused his death.

I am sorry for your loss. It is hard to lose even a "difficult to love" critter. How old was your roo? Was it really hot there today? Could it have possibly gotten into something that was toxic to it? There are lots of plants and things that animals will eat that they shouldnt.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks to both of you!
smile.png
Well he is only a year old so it was definitely not his time. It wasn't too hot today, like 85 degrees maybe. It has gone up to 100 but they still survived that day so I don't think its the heat. I'm not sure about the toxic thing. I mean they stay in the run all day so they couldn't have gotten in to anything because they have been living there all their lives. We do let them free range for an hour or two sometimes but we have not let them our for the past few days. What I'm worried about is one of my step-brothers friends feeding him something. None of his friends have brains. He is failing college and he found friends that have the same thing in common. They all smoke so I'm worried that one of them fed him a cigarette or something else that they thought would be "funny" We are trying to figure out if that happened but of course none of them would confess.
sad.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom